Next car choice dilemma

In the recent models BMW are smashing it with their interiors. For me they’ve overtaken Audi with their recent models. Definitely now my favourite brand when it comes to interiors.

Reactions: Jcbmally and NevMan
ef4f6efd15773cc5ea8ea5d198e948b0.jpg

693a86cc5407fad6de37a966a1f41a2d.jpg

Not quite VC level, but personally I really like it. The new 3 series has the latest one

Reactions: TYb, Jcbmally and SPIKE_
Obviously dash changes when navigating (turn by turn on right)

I reckon the new 3 series and 1 series is going to lose Audi many many punters, outside of the brand loyalists

Oh, and X series will steak a few too

Reactions: Jcbmally and S32B
ef4f6efd15773cc5ea8ea5d198e948b0.jpg

693a86cc5407fad6de37a966a1f41a2d.jpg

Not quite VC level, but personally I really like it. The new 3 series has the latest one
Does look very nice . BMW are really hit and miss at the minute. Was behind a new X4 last night, and it has to be one of the ugliest cars to grace our roads...truly shocking looking. The new 1 series just released must of been designed after a 48hr drinking session....again it is a complete eye sore. On the other hand, I think they’ve done a great job on the X3, X5, 3 series and Z4. I suppose you could level the same criticism to Audi :shutup2:

Reactions: NevMan, Jcbmally and Adam14
TT best of the bunch and only one I’d have after the S3 but really can’t see myself sticking with the brand.
Have to be quick then, as they are going to stop making the TT!

Like many others have stated on here, I think Audi are going to loose a sack load of customers due to pricing, design etc, such a shame.
Right behind you there, I mentioned that to the guy in Audi the last time I was in there. To get exactly the same car again with the same discount and monthly payments, I'll have to do it over 48 months rather than 36 months!!! Most Audi pcp deals are now over 48 months just like BMW, the 36 month deals it what pulled me from BMW to Audi, but if they are now both the same!!!

In my humble opinion I always found the interior of BMWs to appear quite "basic" which put me off when the exterior looked stunning.
I looked at the BMW Z4 and the 4 series before getting the A5, I just didn't like the old fashioned dials.

Old vs new...spot the difference lol
03_8.jpg
bmw-z4-dashboard-layout-1_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqZgEkZX3M936N5BQK4Va8RUbgHFEZVI1Pljic_pW9c90.jpg

Reactions: Jcbmally

Right behind you there, I mentioned that to the guy in Audi the last time I was in there. To get exactly the same car again with the same discount and monthly payments, I'll have to do it over 48 months rather than 36 months!!! Most Audi pcp deals are now over 48 months just like BMW, the 36 month deals it what pulled me from BMW to Audi, but if they are now both the same!!!

I looked at the BMW Z4 and the 4 series before getting the A5, I just didn't like the old fashioned dials.

03_8.jpg
bmw-z4-dashboard-layout-1_trans_NvBQzQNjv4BqZgEkZX3M936N5BQK4Va8RUbgHFEZVI1Pljic_pW9c90.jpg

Didn’t realise they are stopping the TT, I won’t be buying new so doesn’t bother me. MK3 TT is a possibility if can get in budget, also contemplating a 16 plate GTI and run that for a few years.

Never fallen in love with the S3 but it’s really hard to replace.

03_8.jpg
I must admit I was sceptical when we were on our way to BMW, but TBH the interior of the new X3 was quite good, 10" screen, digital cluster, ambient lighting and the materials felt really good. IMO I would say the equivalent Q5 pips it on fit but compared to my S3 I was very impressed. Another plus point was the amount of standard (useful) kit but again all my own opinion. I love how the S3 makes me feel but you just never know...…………….

Reactions: NevMan and S32B
I must admit I was sceptical when we were on our way to BMW, but TBH the interior of the new X3 was quite good, 10" screen, digital cluster, ambient lighting and the materials felt really good. IMO I would say the equivalent Q5 pips it on fit but compared to my S3 I was very impressed. Another plus point was the amount of standard (useful) kit but again all my own opinion. I love how the S3 makes me feel but you just never know...…………….

Having just had a Mk2 Q5....VERY well put together and sturdy, bit standard kit vs. X3 quite different. X3 has elec seats for a start, something that every £40k+ car should have. Won’t reel off other stuff, as I may be wrong due to M40i coming with a a lot of kit anyway.

I do prefer the current X3 digital dash more than the “new” IDrive 7 I think it is in the new 3 series later in year, but then I would say that wouldn’t I.

This thread has made me feel a lot better about the struggles I’m having when it comes to replacing my S3 :tearsofjoy: I’ve been looking recently at S5’s and RS3’s but nothing has come up yet in the spec I’m after. Not really looked outside Audi at the moment as I really like virtual cockpit :whistle2:

I think it’d be the S5 over the RS3 at the moment because I fancy a change from the A3 platform I had an A3 before my S3 and I’m not sure if I could justify putting in another £12-15k to buy a 17/67 plate RS3 just for that 5 cylinder engine...

Reactions: OCDaveS4 and Adam14
This thread has made me feel a lot better about the struggles I’m having when it comes to replacing my S3 :tearsofjoy: I’ve been looking recently at S5’s and RS3’s but nothing has come up yet in the spec I’m after. Not really looked outside Audi at the moment as I really like virtual cockpit :whistle2:

I think it’d be the S5 over the RS3 at the moment because I fancy a change from the A3 platform I had an A3 before my S3 and I’m not sure if I could justify putting in another £12-15k to buy a 17/67 plate RS3 just for that 5 cylinder engine...
Engine sound is a lot nicer on the RS3 over the S5. Contemplating an exhaust system to make the V6 note more pronounced.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: NevMan and Bells
Engine sound is a lot nicer on the RS3 over the S5. Contemplating an exhaust system to make the V6 note more pronounced.

Yeah the RS3’s sound great but the cabin is very similar to that of the S3 and the S5 would be a nice place to be too. Also a bit more of a cruiser and I’ll likely be driving 300 miles every few weekends to watch the football next season so thinking it might be more comfortable.

Not to mention an S5 is a lot cheaper to change into then a RS3, plus the V6 is still a nice upgrade from the 2.0 in the S3

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and NevMan
Yeah the RS3’s sound great but the cabin is very similar to that of the S3 and the S5 would be a nice place to be too. Also a bit more of a cruiser and I’ll likely be driving 300 miles every few weekends to watch the football next season so thinking it might be more comfortable.

Not to mention an S5 is a lot cheaper to change into then a RS3, plus the V6 is still a nice upgrade from the 2.0 in the S3
Yeah the interior of the S5, in my opinion is phenomenal. I don't regret changing at all from the S3. I do average 1500 miles per month and it's a very comfortable cruiser, doubt you'll be disappointed if you changed

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, NevMan and Bells
Whatever you do ... don’t get a Tesla milk float lol :icon thumright:

Reactions: NevMan and Bells
Yeah the interior of the S5, in my opinion is phenomenal. I don't regret changing at all from the S3. I do average 1500 miles per month and it's a very comfortable cruiser, doubt you'll be disappointed if you changed

I really liked my previous gen S5 and the current one I must admit looks ace ... inside & out & one of the best looking cars Audi have on sale today imo. I’d have another :icon thumright:

Reactions: Adam14, NevMan and Bells
I remember the GTE dash back in the day. My dad taking me into the Vauxhall garage to see it in the showroom....totally blown away at the time!

In the flesh it's not as bad as people think IMO. The GTE Astra was the dogs when I was a young un, owned one and loved the digi dash.

I remember going to look at one with my dad, it was the 2.0 16 valve one!!! :hubbahubba: I can clearly remember the sales guy saying to me "Ohhh it's for you, you better check out the insurance first, as this is a race car"...in the day it was, yet the 0-60 time was only 7.4 seconds lol.

yet the 0-60 time was only 7.4 seconds lol.
But in its day it was a missile, 7.4 seconds is still respectable these days.

Reactions: NevMan
But in its day it was a missile, 7.4 seconds is still respectable these days.
True, but makes you think what it will be in another 30 years!!! The S3 is what 4.8??? That was supercar speed back then :)

lol just hit me then...30 years!!! :wtf: remember it like yesterday, where did those years go??? A mate had a 205 GTi the 1.9 one ;) and another mate had an XR3i with a full bodykit.

Reactions: Jcbmally, OCDaveS4 and NevMan
True, but makes you think what it will be in another 30 years!!! The S3 is what 4.8??? That was supercar speed back then :)

lol just hit me then...30 years!!! :wtf: remember it like yesterday, where did those years go??? A mate had a 205 GTi the 1.9 one ;) and another mate had an XR3i with a full bodykit.
The B9 RS4 is quicker than stated by Audi, timed at 3.3s to 60.

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jcbmally, OCDaveS4 and NevMan

Yeah, my late teens/early twenties were mixed emotions. I owned the Astra GTE for a while, then a 1.9GTI PUG, then got into XR2'S. Great cars in their day IMO, they do say never go back and try them again BUT I did get a go in a PUG 1.9GTI a couple of years back and it was still a hoot. If only I hung on to one or two of them, they are worth a wee fortune now.

Yeah, my late teens/early twenties were mixed emotions. I owned the Astra GTE for a while, then a 1.9GTI PUG, then got into XR2'S. Great cars in their day IMO, they do say never go back and try them again BUT I did get a go in a PUG 1.9GTI a couple of years back and it was still a hoot. If only I hung on to one or two of them, they are worth a wee fortune now.
Ohhh XR2 always wanted one of those in red, then the XR2i, but by the time I could afford one they were dated! :( Mate of mine had a 2.8 Capri Laser in black with a red pinstripe down the side, he got rid of it because it drank the juice lol. Never forget the big paving slab in the boot to keep it on the road :p Like you say the prices of them now!!!

Think when I first started driving at 17 petrol was about 38p per litre :blink: I went everywhere in my boy racer Mini for £5 per week :D :)

Think when I first started driving at 17 petrol was about 38p per litre :blink: I went everywhere in my boy racer Mini for £5 per week :D :)
The rule of thumb back then was £10 got you 100 miles or so. You would be lucky if a jerry can would hold about £2 if I remember rightly. Good times buddy.

Reactions: NevMan
The rule of thumb back then was £10 got you 100 miles or so. You would be lucky if a jerry can would hold about £2 if I remember rightly. Good times buddy.
Got way more than that in my mini on a fiver! That got me over 2.5 gallon, think the mini did about 50mpg :)

Always remember saying "£5 of 4 star please, to the petrol pump attendant!"

Reactions: Jcbmally, S32B and NevMan
Didn’t realise they are stopping the TT, I won’t be buying new so doesn’t bother me. MK3 TT is a possibility if can get in budget, also contemplating a 16 plate GTI and run that for a few years.

Never fallen in love with the S3 but it’s really hard to replace.
You won't be unhappy with a GTi. I ran a PP for 3 years & loved it! Also, well specc'ed as standard compared to the S3. I am loving the Audi though!

Reactions: TYb and NevMan
lol yeah forgot about 4 star fuel lol. Wasn't there also a conversion that older car had to get to run on unleaded?

PP got me on that one??? :blink:
Apologies, performance pack! 10 more bhp, slip diff & brakes from the R

Reactions: TYb, NevMan and S32B