My audi 1.9 tdi 130 2001 y reg has no pick what so ever feels like there is no turbo

Jd gul

Reaction score
Hi all, back once again for your expert opinions. My Audi 1.9 tdi 130 bhp saloon y reg feels ever so sluggish first gear is extremely bad, I have had 130 pd engines in the past and they have been ever so responsive. However with this it feels as though its running half of its power.once it's warm sometimes the turbo will kick in but nothing obvious foot down nothing happens instantly. Have no warning lights what so ever, had the thermostat and temp sensor changed few month ago was told breather or something had leak, no smoke from exhaust what so ever, can someone shine some light on the possibilities of the cause as it feels really dangerous driving it when trying to pick up speeds on slip roads etc, thank all in advance.

Had similar issues with my saab. Turned out to be a blocked cat. Unbolted downpipe from turbo and did a test drive, a la Mad Max...
Big smiles... Afterwards. Just drilled out blocked cat. Apparently caused by the previous owner mucking with ecu map, and over fuelling.

Sent from my G3121 using Tapatalk