S3 manual

Not me but I’d check the clutch etc just to be on the safe side.

Yes, definitely look for evidence that the clutch has been changed. If its still the original then maybe its OK and not a weak one. You'll know if its on the way out because if you red line it and make fast aggressive gear changes it will slip for a bit i.e. take a while for the revs to drop down to meet the lower gears revs.

If the clutch is going you will see an increase in revs but not in movement under load !

The clutch on these things are so hit and miss, mine has done 35k miles and recently I had loads of blue smoke billowing off mine (very tricky reverse hill starts) and it smelled awful for the next couple of very gently driven journeys with a slightly different clutch pedal feel. Thinking that was it banjaxed I almost ordered a sachs replacement but it hasn't slipped once despite being stage1 and me going looking for problems e.g. full throttle from very low revs up hills in high gears.

Clutch is working perfectly yet I know of others that had issues at very early mileages on OE power.

That's not on its 1st clutch, not in a million years... 64k.

Reactions: MikeParkin, CJ92 and Leevr
That's not on its 1st clutch, not in a million years... 64k.

I’d agree with you @Starry certainly not at that mileage and again mapped.

My clutch started slipping at 6k ish with a filter and CTS elbow and a DTUK.

Reactions: Starry