What Car Care / Detailing Have You Done Today ?

Hilarious, but you don’t draw the line at £160+ on a glorified hairdryer? Holy water = NO Water marks mate

£180 for a car dryer is only a lot of money if you can't afford it mate... . So mate are in the group buy or what lol

Reactions: NevMan
Right, so as per yesterday's post I've contacted Imran @ In2Detailing regarding a group buy for the Flex Blower (at the moment looking like me and @jassyo06, but hey!)

Here's his response (@Sandra - you'll likely be interested in this):

"Thank you for messaging. We actually get quite a few people buying and phoning us to say they are from the Audi Forum, at least now I know which one they mean! I think I will need to get in touch with the forum and see if they will allow us to become a site sponsor/advertiser which will allow us to showcase the products we offer and of course give a platform for members to have access to me and ask any questions they have have on products.

With regards to the Flex blowers. As a group buy I don't see why I couldn't offer some discount. Please allow me a few days to get in touch with Flex and hear back from them with regards to pricing"

So watch this space. I have ZERO affiliation with In2Detailing, they're just an outfit I've bought stuff from and have been impressed with the quality and price of their stock (particularly their own brand edgeless high GSM microfibres) and their customer service.

@Sandra - I'll PM you with Imran's contact details, sounds like he's open to becoming a formal site sponsor/advertiser :thumbs up:

Reactions: Bristle Hound, NevMan and Sandra
Right, so as per yesterday's post I've contacted Imran @ In2Detailing regarding a group buy for the Flex Blower (at the moment looking like me and @jassyo06, but hey!)

"Thank you for messaging. We actually get quite a few people buying and phoning us to say they are from the Audi Forum, at least now I know which one they mean! I think I will need to get in touch with the forum and see if they will allow us to become a site sponsor/advertiser which will allow us to showcase the products we offer and of course give a platform for members to have access to me and ask any questions they have have on products.

With regards to the Flex blowers. As a group buy I don't see why I couldn't offer some discount. Please allow me a few days to get in touch with Flex and hear back from them with regards to pricing"

So watch this space. I have ZERO affiliation with In2Detailing, they're just an outfit I've bought stuff from and have been impressed with the quality and price of their stock (particularly their own brand edgeless high GSM microfibres) and their customer service.

@Sandra - I'll PM you with Imran's contact details, sounds like he's open to becoming a formal site sponsor/advertiser :thumbs up:
Thanks I will wait to hear from you. :)

£180 for a car dryer is only a lot of money if you can't afford it mate... . So mate are in the group buy or what lol

You’re right, can’t afford mate, just been in the Maldives for two weeks.

7d8ca7e9a6b8d8f44754fed95bc9ac41.jpg

Reactions: Scotty75, martin1984, Pinky1959 and 5 others
That’s me out then whatbwith being a pensioner ‘an ‘all

@q5man - Looks fab Nev :thumbs up:
Well jell, in a nice way of course :hi:

@Sandra - Wouldn't be a bad idea to have Imran on board IMHO
& not just for the ridiculous blower thingy

Reactions: NevMan, V6_Man and Sandra

Name dropping... mate nae good .... Lol tell you what when l am at the 6 star Hotel in May I'll post a few photos lol

Reactions: V6_Man and NevMan
Name dropping... mate nae good .... Lol tell you what when l am at the 6 star Hotel in May I'll post a few photos lol

Name dropping like you with Flex dryer? Go for it mate, look forward to it

It’s official now @in2detailing are now onboard with us as a site sponsor.

Reactions: Bristle Hound, BKing, Jimbob76 and 4 others
Nice one, could do with getting a spring order in for some stuff (but not a expensive dryer as I can’t afford that. Look forward to details

Reactions: Sandra
Count me in for the blower @jassyo06.

I always wanted to blow dry my hair but ever since I lost 60% of them at a tender age of 35 :haha: I have been itching to use my wife hair-dryer, which I am not allowed to use because of "obvious" reasons.
Believe it is now time to show Mrs who is the boss, define some house:rulez: and get some :respekt: :rockwoot:

Reactions: Jimbob76, Jassyo06 and Sandra

I always wanted to blow dry my hair but ever since I lost 60% of them at a tender age of 35 :haha: I have been itching to use my wife hair-dryer, which I am not allowed to use because of "obvious" reasons.
Believe it is now time to show Mrs who is the boss, define some house:rulez: and get some :respekt: :rockwoot:
I hope your wife not reading the forum Tash or you may just find out who is boss, lol. :) x

Reactions: Jimbob76, Jassyo06, NevMan and 1 other person

Mate, you need to save your pennies for your RS6 I will be buying a DA this spring/summer and practice on sons corsa whilst I wait for ceramic coating to deteriorate. Now spending £160+ on that makes much more sense to be than dryer. Have a pretty decent pet dryer that cost £70 I have used on wheels and books and crannies once.

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Sandra
@Sandra - Wouldn't be a bad idea to have Imran on board IMHO
& not just for the ridiculous blower thingy
If it doesn't include BSD and Valet pro citrus prewash then your always dismissing everything mate.... .stop buying multiple bottles of detailing sprays and widen yer detailing product horizons

Reactions: V6_Man
I hope your wife not reading the forum Tash or you may just find out who is boss, lol. :) x

PMSL @Sandra. I am sure she will find out once she sees the dryer :)

Mate, you need to save your pennies for your RS6 I will be buying a DA this spring/summer and practice on sons corsa whilst I wait for ceramic coating to deteriorate. Now spending £160+ on that makes much more sense to be than dryer. Have a pretty decent pet dryer that cost £70 I have used on wheels and books and crannies once.

Spoke with Wayne yesterday and received the initial quotes as well - need to do some maths tonight and get back in touch with them first thing tomorrow. A bit more than I would like to pay tbh :grief:

If it doesn't include BSD and Valet pro citrus prewash then your always dismissing everything mate.... .stop buying multiple bottles of detailing sprays and widen yer detailing product horizons

PMSL @jassyo06. BSD is a must for me if I am being honest here. I am yet to try VP CW, I might as well try the 1ltr bottle but only after BH Snowfoam runs out. Oh, and there must be a reason why Imran @in2detailing is selling them :rock::whistle2: :rockwoot:

Reactions: Bristle Hound, NevMan and Sandra

Spoke with Wayne yesterday and received the initial quotes as well - need to do some maths tonight and get back in touch with them first thing tomorrow. A bit more than I would like to pay tbh :grief:

PMSL @jassyo06. BSD is a must for me if I am being honest here. I am yet to try VP CW, I might as well try the 1ltr bottle but only after BH Snowfoam runs out. Oh, and there must be a reason why Imran @in2detailing is selling them :rock::whistle2: :rockwoot:

Mate, fingers crossed you can make numbers work, that is ONE HECK of a car, but not cheap these RS machines.

Agree, I cannot fault BSD, and use a fair amount.

Reactions: Bristle Hound and V6_Man

Yeah coz there cheap and ideal for non detailers....lol
RS6 Eh would rather RS3 saloon mate . .. Cheaper running costs

Reactions: NevMan and V6_Man
@jassyo06 - As you are always saying, you gotta go with what works for you, so I do
At least I tried some of the products you recommended, AW Cleanliness, which I found under whelming TBH
Have you tried anything I've ever recommended, including BSD ? Thought not. Nuff said eh :hi:
Done the whole try different & new Detailing products years ago mate & I've refined my choices that work for me
If you only knew how much I've spent in the past 'widening my detailing product horizons' lol
Not no more mate. I'm sticking with what I like & what works for me

Reactions: NevMan and V6_Man
@jassyo06 - As you are always saying, you gotta go with what works for you, so I do
At least I tried some of the products you recommended, AW Cleanliness, which I found under whelming TBH
Have you tried anything I've ever recommended, including BSD ? Thought not. Nuff said eh :hi:
Done the whole try different & new Detailing products years ago mate & I've refined my choices that work for me
If you only knew how much I've spent in the past 'widening my detailing product horizons' lol
Not no more mate. I'm sticking with what I like & what works for me

And to be fair mate, your cars always look the business, so keep doing it

Reactions: V6_Man and Bristle Hound
The old bsd argument lol.

I love the stuff. But I am wanting to try something else after years of using it a as it is too grabby and I want a more slick finish. But saying that I will also keep some in my kit incase I don’t like the new product I buy as it does leave a good finish and you can get it for 7 quid from Euro car parts

Edit: forgot to add the beading. It’s insane !!

Reactions: NevMan, Bristle Hound and Jimbob76

OK, looking like a Flex XFE7-15 Large Throw for me :icon thumright:
Just need to save a pound a week :yahoo:

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Bristle Hound
any update on this blow dryer thingy ? I might be interested

Just added a names list to the new in2detailing titled thread @Toonsoldier91 . We might be @ 4 out of the needed 5 (depending on how confident @Tashfeen is of sliding this past his missus unnoticed :whip:. That's you holding the whip BTW mate :thumbs up:

Imran is working on pricing for the Flex Blower (currently north of where it needs to be)

Reactions: V6_Man and Jassyo06
Since there's been a bit of discussion on tyre dressing @q5man @jassyo06 thought I would add some pics of my Cupra with the tyres dressed with Megs Endurance Tyre gel
I've always found that if correctly applied it gives me the finish and durability I'm after

5EhHV6wl.jpg

bfugGIBl.jpg

Reactions: Pook
Since there's been a bit of discussion on tyre dressing @q5man @jassyo06 thought I would add some pics of my Cupra with the tyres dressed with Megs Endurance Tyre gel
I've always found that if correctly applied it gives me the finish and durability I'm after

5EhHV6wl.jpg

bfugGIBl.jpg
Again I'll say Megs doesn't cure it attracts dust which in turn sticks to the sidewalls, you could apply Megs and not even drive the car and the tyres end up dirty....

Again I'll say Megs doesn't cure it attracts dust which in turn sticks to the sidewalls, you could apply Megs and not even drive the car and the tyres end up dirty....
TBH I've never had those probs with it mate

5EhHV6wl.jpg

bfugGIBl.jpg

Pics are broken for me Col, but I am sure it is top as always

I like Megs, just wanting to try something a bit different as doesn’t work as well on Q5 contis as the JCW Pirelli’s
8d8fe6729705e2050c8366f09dd7e463.jpg

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Helps if pic is actually of tyres WITH megs on

995fca910bce9f355027d03a8cbb2f4c.jpg

Reactions: Bristle Hound

Maybe the Megs doesn’t cure ‘cos it’s always bl..day freezing in Scotland lol!!??

Bangin my head against a wall with you 2

Reactions: Jimbob76, Bristle Hound and NevMan
Maybe the Megs doesn’t cure ‘cos it’s always bl..day freezing in Scotland lol!!??
Megs is even more oily in the summer mate at least in the winter there's no dust about
Forensic Detailing has a Tyre dressing comparison test coming out soon... Looking forward to the results Tac systems and AGHPTG will in contention for the win

Reactions: AllanG