Halogen to led tail conversion

dannyboy1985

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Looking to jump on this conversion as already have the lights. So far in the forum I have found what I need to wire them up myself. But can’t find anything on the coding from halogen to led. If anyone has purchased cables that came with coding or knows how to do it would be much appreciated!

I think google or a search of the forum will provide you with the answer. You will need VCDS I believe. @DJAlix will be your main contact to get info I would have thought

I have mate looked through all the threads all the coding has been shared via message. I have contacted Alex but he is not assisting anymore as his work was being shared without permission. :(

Reactions: Ormesome
I have mate looked through all the threads all the coding has been shared via message. I have contacted Alex but he is not assisting anymore as his work was being shared without permission. :(

Yep I can understand that. We wouldn't walk in to a Starbucks, ask for the ingredients for free, then make it at home! You might just have to spend some cash. If you don't have VCDS then it might be more cost effective to get someone to programme them for you.

I’m happy to do that of course. But seeing as many have got adapters with the coding it would be convenient if someone could share it as have vcds and it’s a long way to London! Possibly that’s Alex’s work as well tho... lol

**Update**

Lights installed and wired up myself no adapters!

Coded with code from a helpful member!

Tada! I can’t believe it! It’s all working all functions no issues!!! Chuffed to bits!!

Big thanks to the other write ups regarding rear lights!

Last edited:
Reactions: dp_motley
**Update**

Tada! I can’t believe it! It’s all working all functions no issues!!! Chuffed to bits!!

Congrats!
Is it PFL or FL, saloon or sportback?

It’s a 14 plate sportback 8v so pfl halogen? With 17 plate dynamic lights now.

It’s a 14 plate sportback 8v so pfl halogen? With 17 plate dynamic lights now.
Does 14 plate mean 2014? Sorry for my ignorance, I'm not from the UK :)

I didn't find any information on replacing the halogen tail lights with the dynamic led ones on a FL A3 yet.

Yes, 2014. There are a few posts on here for pfl to fl lights the halogen is a bit different but it’s not too involved.

**Update**

who helped you code them bro?

How much did you pay for the FL rears, if you don't mind me asking? I looked into this last year but the tail lights were too dear, just wondered if they may have come down at all since then.

How much did you pay for the FL rears, if you don't mind me asking? I looked into this last year but the tail lights were too dear, just wondered if they may have come down at all since then.

Pd £350 from a breakers so not new but as new. Sold mine for £100

Reactions: boydyski