Boost gauge

Liamwall97

Reaction score
hi,

Has anybody fitted a boost gauge on a3 2.0 tdi if so could I please have a step by step instructions on how to fit it as I am really confused with it. The boost gauge is a pro sport stepper gauge the specific one for a diesel.

Cheers

I have a 1.4tfsi 2008 8P s line model. I purchased a boost gauge from demon tweaks . I got the turbo smart (psi) version and you will need to get extra hose as the one you get with the gauge does not reach. 3mm silicone tubing 3 metres is enough. Open the bonnet of your car and where the passenger side is there is a scuttle cover. If you lift up the rubber that goes across to the other side and pry out the scuttle it should unclip be careful very flimsy. If u poke a torch through the passenger side u should see a rubber grommet. Use a long screwdriver to take it out or pick it out. Then make a hole with your screwdriver in the grommet. Open the passenger door and remove the glove box. 3 screws along the top. 2 at bottom one inside glove box next to the light and you need to remove the left panel near the door there is one screw there also. Should just fall down. Un clip the lighting source and move the glove box out of the way. You should see the hole u made with a screwdriver and then sellotape the hose to the screwdriver so u can pry it through. On the driver side take of the under mounting of the steering wheel cover so u can feed the hose through. Make a place where u want to mount your gauge. Some people use the vents but on my situation I done it next to the rpm so I can see exactly when the turbo kicks in at. Then u need to have extra wiring cause the lighting on the gauge isn’t normally long enough. Get a multi meter and put it on the dimming wiring. Find out what wire is the one that decreases voltage as u dim the side lights. Then cut the wire and join the wiring up and then ground the black cable and should work fine. When it’s all in place u need to connect the t piece on to a vacuum source.

Attachments

• 5DDB5FA5-DE2D-4398-A4E0-BAC638D75005.jpeg
    5DDB5FA5-DE2D-4398-A4E0-BAC638D75005.jpeg
    903.3 KB · Views: 109