Audi s3 8p 103k is it worth buying

Seary1996

Reaction score
is it worth buying automatic, remapped, main dealer service history also had gearbox service

Last edited:
How many services has it had. Frequent oil changes and service history / bills are far more important than mileage.

Maybe post a link to the car if it's online?

Cars in great condition inside and out, 2.0 tfsi engine petrol, it just says main dealer service history, water pump and timing belt done at 92k gearbox service at 60k only had 2 owners and got all stamps, looks like motorway miles since it done 24000 in 2 years

I bought mine 3 years ago (MY07) on ~118k with full service history, 1 previous owner, pretty much lived on the motorway so did have stone chips, I'm now at 130,500 and only had issues with the "Evap" thing, it's also had new coil packs but they're relatively cheap.

If it's a good price and been serviced as per the book, I'd say go for it.

Cheeky plug, but mine is up for sale for £5k

Reactions: Ryan s3
I bought my S3 in April with 103K on the clock.
It was one of the few S3's available in my budget that had good service history. It had regular oil and filter changes, Haldex had been done and it was due it's second cambelt change. All backed up with service book and receipts of parts.
I knocked enough of the asking price to have the cambelt done ASAP and got the Haldex, transfer box and gearbox oils changed during a full service a few weeks later.
Other than a clutch that needed changing after I remapped it (expected at that age/mileage) and the transfer box imploding (could have happened at any time to anyone) it's been a good reliable car.
I'm the sort to replace known weak spots and service the car before it's due, so it's had all of the service parts changed (including fuel filter which isn't on any service plan) and most items found in the maintenance sticky thread at the top of the 8P page. Because of all that I've spent plenty on the car for peace of mind, rather than failure of parts. After the MOT which is due at the weekend, I expect to just put fuel in it for a while and not need anything else doing for quite a while.

Sounds good to be honest is the same engine as a 2012 model or has it been changed? They seem quite reliable based on what I’ve been told it’s just a big risk but I suppose any used car is isn’t, plug all you like hahaha
I bought mine 3 years ago (MY07) on ~118k with full service history, 1 previous owner, pretty much lived on the motorway so did have stone chips, I'm now at 130,500 and only had issues with the "Evap" thing, it's also had new coil packs but they're relatively cheap.

If it's a good price and been serviced as per the book, I'd say go for it.

Cheeky plug, but mine is up for sale for £5k

Reactions: DangerS3
I bought my S3 in April with 103K on the clock.
It was one of the few S3's available in my budget that had good service history. It had regular oil and filter changes, Haldex had been done and it was due it's second cambelt change. All backed up with service book and receipts of parts.
I knocked enough of the asking price to have the cambelt done ASAP and got the Haldex, transfer box and gearbox oils changed during a full service a few weeks later.
Other than a clutch that needed changing after I remapped it (expected at that age/mileage) and the transfer box imploding (could have happened at any time to anyone) it's been a good reliable car.
I'm the sort to replace known weak spots and service the car before it's due, so it's had all of the service parts changed (including fuel filter which isn't on any service plan) and most items found in the maintenance sticky thread at the top of the 8P page. Because of all that I've spent plenty on the car for peace of mind, rather than failure of parts. After the MOT which is due at the weekend, I expect to just put fuel in it for a while and not need anything else doing for quite a while.
Can you remember how much you paid for the clutch was yours auto or manual? Was the transfer box expensive too? I’m the same to be honest I tend to replace things that sometimes don’t even need replace too hahaha, I really like this car it has pretty much every factory extra so the person clearly loved this car and mainly used it for the long motorway journeys just don’t wanna buy a car and find out 2 weeks late it’s about to blow up

I paid less than £400 for the clutch and flywheel, both uprated so I had a good deal.
Transfer box was sourced from a bloke on here breaking the car, I was very lucky to get it for £120 delivered.

I paid less than £400 for the clutch and flywheel, both uprated so I had a good deal.
Transfer box was sourced from a bloke on here breaking the car, I was very lucky to get it for £120 delivered.
That’s not a bad price for clutch and flywheel is your the s tronic or manual?

If the vehicle you’re looking at is pre-facelift then is will be manual and the BHZ engine @260’ish BHP. The facelift had DSG and manual available, the CDL engine and 265’ish BHP.

Mine's a BHZ with 265bhp listed.
There is a S3 listed on some tuning sites with 256bhp but I've not found one when car searching earlier this year.

Reactions: samuelh_888
Sounds good to be honest is the same engine as a 2012 model or has it been changed? They seem quite reliable based on what I’ve been told it’s just a big risk but I suppose any used car is isn’t, plug all you like hahaha

Dont quote me on this but what I've been led to believe the BHZ EA113 is up to 2008 and 2009 onwards is CCZA EA888. The newer ones are less reliable and chain driven.
They're all reliable if looked after and serviced well, same with any car really, my dad's Volvo died with 600k on the clock and the only reason it died is because the diesel he used had water in it.

Lol cheers man

Dont quote me on this but what I've been led to believe the BHZ EA113 is up to 2008 and 2009 onwards is CCZA EA888. The newer ones are less reliable and chain driven.
They're all reliable if looked after and serviced well, same with any car really, my dad's Volvo died with 600k on the clock and the only reason it died is because the diesel he used had water in it.

Lol cheers man
I thinks it’s both belt and chain I’m sure I’ve heard that anyway they have to use a special tool to lock the cams in place when they change the belt, the mechanic I spoke to said it needs changing every 110k or 5 years whichever comes first, I had a fiesta with near to 150k on it and ran like new never had a service until I owned it but it had never been ragged about just goes to show how great engines actually are and 600k just for water in the fuel to kill it hahaha

The S3 8P is the EA113 covering both the BHZ and CDL code but also other engines in the VAG group.

The EA888 was also found in the 8P 1.8tfsi A3 and possibly the 2.0 (Wikipedia will confirm if he comes on). These was issues with the early EA888 however they were pretty much completely refined by the time they made it to the 8V S3.