Another newbie question!

IDUA3

In Audi Heaven
Reaction score
Hello everyone, first post on here!

Ive been dreaming about an A3 since I passed my test, and now Ive finally gone and got one!!! :) Happy Days!

I would of loved one of the second gen ones but couldn't afford so had to opt for an A3 1.8T Sport, T Reg.

While the car is quite old it is in immaculate condition, inside and out,and is one of the finest examples from the year ive seen. It had only done 3K over the previous 2 years before I picked it up at the beginning of March, ( ive already added another 1K! :) Full Audi history, cam belt done etc . . . good buy for £4500.

Thing is, while it is already a "minter" to me I really want to do it up and make it look even better so what im looking for here is any advice or tips from people who have done similar.

I want to go to 18" but cant decide on what rims would look the best. Are there any S-Line refinements etc I can add easily?

If anyone has any pictures of your car with any changes would love to see them for inspiration!

Thanks in advance! :blackrs4:

Well just for basics, go for RS4's 18" i personally think they look the nicest , get some light tints for your windows and a Projektzwo bodykit (look it up on google). I'd show picture of mine but cant get this thing to upload it!! (apart from my avator pic)
Good luck and enjoy your pride and joy mate!!:applaus: :rock:

A3T said:
Well just for basics, go for RS4's 18" i personally think they look the nicest , get some light tints for your windows and a Projektzwo bodykit (look it up on google). I'd show picture of mine but cant get this thing to upload it!! (apart from my avator pic)
Good luck and enjoy your pride and joy mate!!:applaus: :rock:

well thats a bruce, just googled the kit name and thats the kit on mine!!! Tops for tiles!!

I have the RS4's on the standard 16" at the moment. They are nice, the lads at work reckon I should go for the TT alloys but I don't think they look right at all!

What have you got on yours, looks nice!!!
Thanks for the input mate!

I have a set of wheels if your interested, they are 18" split rim style DTM wheels, chrome edging and just had the centres refurbed as I was going to use them on my S3, but bought some genuine Audi 18"s from a stealers... also have a very good condition set of genuine RSTTs 18"s but think Im gonna keep them as spares! I will sort some pics out if your interested?

steve123a said:
I have a set of wheels if your interested, they are 18" split rim style DTM wheels, chrome edging and just had the centres refurbed as I was going to use them on my S3, but bought some genuine Audi 18"s from a stealers... also have a very good condition set of genuine RSTTs 18"s but think Im gonna keep them as spares! I will sort some pics out if your interested?

well, yeh I will take a look mate, not up on all this dtm/rstt lingo just yet so dont have a clue what they look like!

I will take some pics later, whats the best way to post them on the thread?

Thanks

steve123a said:
I will take some pics later, whats the best way to post them on the thread?

Thanks

go to http://imageshack.us/

when you upload it, you will be given different links relating to different size/quality etc . . be sure not to use any that say thumbnail next to them as we wont be able to see them prpoerly!!

Look forward to seeing them mate, if I liek and the price is right then the money is good to go!!!

CJA318T said:
Steve, I'm always on the look out for a nice set of 18's for my A3...can you post some pics?

Cheers

I cant beleive im being bamboozled already! :)

good car the 1.8T sport. i had a kingfisher blue T reg one of those a couple years ago and i kinda regreted selling it but i always wanted to try a peugeot 406 coupe v3 but now i'm back to audi and bought my S3 :icon_thumright:

IDUA3 said:
well thats a bruce, just googled the kit name and thats the kit on mine!!! Tops for tiles!!

I have the RS4's on the standard 16" at the moment. They are nice, the lads at work reckon I should go for the TT alloys but I don't think they look right at all!

What have you got on yours, looks nice!!!
Thanks for the input mate!

I got 18" RS4's They are replicas but i have used original RS4 centre caps on them (had to shve down the clips though) so u wouldnt know the difference unless you know...if you know what i mean! Hope I havent confused you!
Mate if you already got the projektzwo kit on there then all you need is a set of 18's and the tints and your good to go!:arco: