Little Help for Overseas :D

Onizuka

Reaction score
Hi everyone.

I just joined a couple days ago the forum and read a lot, because im interested in getting an Audi S3 8L (of course) but the car wasn't on the best of conditions, so i want to know if anyone have experience with the prices and installation of many different little things.

Also if anyone know a good american store to buy stuff for the car it would be great because im from Chile, south america, so from the uk it take too long to arrive, anything...

1) Ok so first of all, remember here we drive on the left side, so the picture i add is from the driver side. I dont know what happen to the mirror but its dark. Maybe someone knows what haooen to it? (Please check the picture). And also where can i buy it for a good price? Is it the same as the regular Audi A3?

2) Also, the little red screen in the instrument cluster isnt working. I k ow its like a common issue but how much does it cost? And how much is it to install it?

3) is there any stereo to ibstall directly on the car? Because this one was first buyed in japan and the stereo only have some radios and it s also really old. Is there a direct fit? Or is there a double din adapter to use any kind of stereo i choose? If you know plesde let me know which one with a link if possible.

4) how much is it to make a copy of the key? The owner only have 1 and i want to have 2 just in case

5) if the car have 110.000km, how much shoulb be the compression of the car? I m not sure about the english word, but its when you check the engone force to ser if all the cilinders have the same compression, for example they all have 200 PSI so the wngine is OK. If one of the cylinders have for example 120 PSI and the 3 others 200PSI there s a problem. So what would be the normal numbers to get?

Thanks a lot guys for all the help you can provide me and the links, i really appreciate,

Onizuka

Attachments

• s3e.jpg
    s3e.jpg
    101.3 KB · Views: 85
Is the 'DIS' in the dashboard completely blank or pixelated. If completely dark it's probably not on, so press the button on the bottom of the stalk.

1) Ok so first of all, remember here we drive on the left side, so the picture i add is from the driver side. I dont know what happen to the mirror but its dark. Maybe someone knows what haooen to it? (Please check the picture). And also where can i buy it for a good price? Is it the same as the regular Audi A3?

Looks like you have auto dimming mirrors... that dark stuff is the auto dimming part of the mirror... the replacement glass is not cheap from what I remember from looking at retro fitting but normal replacement glass can be used if you need to...

2) Also, the little red screen in the instrument cluster isnt working. I k ow its like a common issue but how much does it cost? And how much is it to install it?

Screens can be bought on ebay... replacement costs in the UK are 100-150 GBP ish typically

3) is there any stereo to ibstall directly on the car? Because this one was first buyed in japan and the stereo only have some radios and it s also really old. Is there a direct fit? Or is there a double din adapter to use any kind of stereo i choose? If you know plesde let me know which one with a link if possible.

No direct fit double din setups for the 8L... people have modified adaptors from the B5 A4 I believe to fit aftermarket units or do what a lot of people are doing and retro fit the Audi RNS-E into it... there are a few threads covering this including a write up in my build thread (search is your friend :) )

4) how much is it to make a copy of the key? The owner only have 1 and i want to have 2 just in case

Typically about 100GBP in the UK... cutting the key is easy enough but it will need coding into the immobiliser to work

5) if the car have 110.000km, how much shoulb be the compression of the car? I m not sure about the english word, but its when you check the engone force to ser if all the cilinders have the same compression, for example they all have 200 PSI so the wngine is OK. If one of the cylinders have for example 120 PSI and the 3 others 200PSI there s a problem. So what would be the normal numbers to get?

200psi is pretty good tbh... most do 170/190... if you have less than 170 I would say its getting a little worn... 120psi would be very worn

<tuffty/>