Facelift Something isn’t right...

Bradneyyyy

Audi A3 (8V) S-Line 2017 Facelift
Reaction score
I know from the off this maybe in the wrong section but I can’t seem to change it over.

Not long got back home to find a random car parked on the off road parking by my flat which isn’t normally there. Anyway, I’ve parked up and started walking back to my place with my girlfriend and this man who we’ve both never seen before had walked past us and thought nothing of it. Got into our flat and looked outside to see the guy has now gone to the car but completely dodged it while we were there.

After a while, I have looked out to see the guy messing around in this car and then this car has gone and no where in sight. This is where it gets interesting... I’ve seen the guy eyeing up my car and then come and knock on our door. At this point I know this is dodgy and very suspicious so decide not to open the door straight away. He then knocks again and I decide to open the door to him; no other words came from him but “Have you got a lighter?” I just told him I didn’t smoke and he walked off, not even going to another property.... very dodgy activity if you ask me?

Anyway, me and my girlfriend have just checked online and the registration plate of this car is correct for the vehicle, as well as it being taxed and MOT’d but isn’t insured.

I might sound like I’m being a bit dramatic and making a meal out of nothing but after having a car stolen previously.. I’m taking no chances!

Any advice would be very helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Definitely sounds a bit dodgy, I’d call the police and report it.
Take photos of the car and dodger if you see them again.

Reactions: KenL and Bradneyyyy
The other car 'might' be stolen and they're waiting to see if it has a tracker.

I agree, it sounds very odd. I'd give the police a call on 101.

Reactions: KenL and Bradneyyyy
I’ve seen this car round the estate previously but not parked, just driving by and remember vaguely the man driving it which possibly could be the man who came to my flat.

My girlfriend noticed there was white paint pen on the top right of the car when looking at the front of it. So possibly been impounded recently. I have took down the reg of the car and remember what the man looks like too so.

Just on the phone to 101 now and moved my car into the space where this guy was to make sure I can see my car.

Spoke to the police on 101.

Other reports from neighbours about the same car and person. But I’m the first person giving a description of him. Said it’s been registered with the local station and have someone in the area shortly!

No registered owner or keeper of the vehicle from what the police said!

Reactions: KenL
Sounds fishy to me. Best thing was to ring 101 as you've done. It's better to be safe than sorry!

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Bradneyyyy
Sounds very dodgy !

Every morning I go on Facebook I see someone in the town group chat saying that there has been strangers during the night in their garden, on the driveway... Or broken into the car etc... Very concerning!

Sounds very dodgy !

Every morning I go on Facebook I see someone in the town group chat saying that there has been strangers during the night in their garden, on the driveway... Or broken into the car etc... Very concerning!

Scary to think how brave people are being about it now!

Especially this random man coming to our front door and me and my girlfriend having a clear view of him?! So if anything god forbid it did happen we would have seen the potential suspect!

Reactions: oli356
Scary to think how brave people are being about it now!

Especially this random man coming to our front door and me and my girlfriend having a clear view of him?! So if anything god forbid it did happen we would have seen the potential suspect!

Having advanced key myself I don't normally subscribe to the hysteria surrounding keyless entry but maybe he was looking to see if your keys are lying around near your front door.

Having advanced key myself I don't normally subscribe to the hysteria surrounding keyless entry but maybe he was looking to see if your keys are lying around near your front door.

Possibly. I shut the first door behind me before opening the door so he couldn’t see in.

But did say to my girlfriend I reckon it could have been to do with advanced key. I haven’t got it myself but a friend had his car stolen recently from having keyless entry and all the person had to do was be close enough to his main key and had a device that got the code and drove his car off like it was his own... so possibly could’ve tried to do that even though I haven’t got keyless so wouldn’t get into it!

Reactions: Kondax