500bhp S3

Could you imagine sticking that thing down your twisty roads! :jump: Whats the torque lb/ft, i can't read it?

That dyno run wasn't done properly, it should be done in top gear.

I'll go get my glasses and take another look..

BTW, Are dyno runs always done in top gear, I thought they should be done in the gear which is closest to a 1:1 ratio, i.e. the most efficient gear?. Is it a standard that you test in top?

r

[ytv]eWXw_3zXejM[/ytv]

5th is the closest to 1:1 and its what the car should be tested in.

Not sure I agree on them being dynoed in 5th gear..? Although technically the most accurate, a run from low rpm would put car under huge strain accellerating from say 45mph to approx 150mph with no forward airflow over the rads, only what the fans blow!!
Not too safe IMO, I have always seen cars dynoed in 3rd on a 5 soeed and 4th in a 6 speed.

The Fans should provide enough cooling and don't forget that the rolling road isn't putting the car under as much load as the road would. You can see this because of how fast the engine speeds up when the throttle is opened, this would never happen this fast on the road.

Just thought I'd add that this is the way I have seen it done, i'm sure there are other ways and the way I have seen may not be correct so I reserve the right to be wrong... thankyou

the rear doors, the boot, headlights and the fact is says S4 on the top of the dyno sheet at the end kind of give it away...

I do apologise for this terrible oversight and promise to try harder or at least pay more attention to the detail next time.
:icon_thumright: