AMI port

rob haney

Reaction score
hello,

recently purchased an audi A3 2018 plate and cant seem to find the ami port. can somebody tell me where this is located, was easy to find in my a1

thanks

Facelift cars, from late 2016 onwards, no longer use AMI port. They use USB ports for connectivity.

im looking to connect a HDMI cable so will i get the same result if i use a USB to HDMI connector?

Facelift cars, from late 2016 onwards, no longer use AMI port. They use USB ports for connectivity.
Makes sense that they got rid of the AMI port, seemed a bit silly I suppose. Wasn't aware that they did this change.

I quite like having USB and AMI though. Means I have a USB stick plugged into the AMI cable for media, then the USB port is used for charging my phone and also have an SD card in the glove box for more media. Rather charge my phone from the arm rest than the cig lighter.

im looking to connect a HDMI cable so will i get the same result if i use a USB to HDMI connector?
Pretty sure, like 99.99999%, this will not work but I have never tested it. If you want to use an eternal video device with an MIB2 unit you will need to retrofit an AMI port (yes this can be done as I have done it) or install an external / 3rd party interface like the following:

https://www.car-interface.com/vendi...mib-1-and-2-mmi-plus-touch-and-mmi-radio.html

The above is a pretty crappy example of an interface but you get the idea.

Pretty sure, like 99.99999%, this will not work but I have never tested it. If you want to use an eternal video device with an MIB2 unit you will need to retrofit an AMI port (yes this can be done as I have done it) or install an external / 3rd party interface like the following:

https://www.car-interface.com/vendi...mib-1-and-2-mmi-plus-touch-and-mmi-radio.html

The above is a pretty crappy example of an interface but you get the idea.

ok thanks,

would usb to hdmi work and plug in amazon firestick or would i still need to change interface?

ok thanks,

would usb to hdmi work and plug in amazon firestick or would i still need to change interface?
I think it's highly unlikely it will work, afaik USB is solely for charging / music / video and image browsing on a device.

I think it's highly unlikely it will work, afaik USB is solely for charging / music / video and image browsing on a device.
Actually the USB ports are fully capable of passing data without any issues, its more about the MMI unit not being able to work with video over USB.

Reactions: Kondax
My July 2015 S3 only has the AMI - no USB, seems odd on 2015 car to not have a single USB.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Makes sense that they got rid of the AMI port, seemed a bit silly I suppose. Wasn't aware that they did this change.

I quite like having USB and AMI though. Means I have a USB stick plugged into the AMI cable for media, then the USB port is used for charging my phone and also have an SD card in the glove box for more media. Rather charge my phone from the arm rest than the cig lighter.

There are 2 USB ports in the armrest now instead. At least, there are in mine...