Wing Lun

A3 Sportback
Reaction score
So I'm thinking of buying and installing the rear anti roll bar, but what do you think about this upgrade, is it worth it? Also, which brand do you think is best in the market?

https://www.awesomegti.com/shop-by-...l-control-rear-stabiliser-bar-25-4mm-mqb-2wd/
SUS00006-1__62656.1505818684.jpg

I bought the front and rear Eibach kit from the AUTODOC app for about £320 and have only fitted the rear as of yet, I noticed a major difference straight away and can now take corners with more confidence, I’d say it improved cornering by 10mph.

My ARB drop links at the rear were shot so consider doing them if your car is 3 years or older

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Rob2k68
I bought the front and rear Eibach kit from the AUTODOC app for about £320 and have only fitted the rear as of yet, I noticed a major difference straight away and can now take corners with more confidence, I’d say it improved cornering by 10mph.

My ARB drop links at the rear were shot so consider doing them if your car is 3 years or older

What sort of mileage you talking about in 3 years?

Thanks I appreciate it, however does it affect the ride quality in any way?

Reactions: airbus319
Personally after fitting 28 front and 25 rear on the last car I wouldn’t go thicker than 24 rear unless you plan on the occasional track day - also depends on any accompanying suspension mods you may have or plan.

Good point @airbus319 makes about the drop links these are actually made from plastic and are likely to become quite literally a weak link in the system.

I’ve gone Superpro 22mm ARB and drop links which are poly bushed and it’s made a huge difference whilst maintaining comfort levels.

Reactions: Forbzeeee and airbus319
I have the 034 motorsports rear anti roll bar which I'm happy with.
I had H&R front and rear on my previous 8P S3, but 034 actually recommend not doing the front on the 8V as it can have a negative impact if you've already done the rear....the fronts a sod to do in comparison to the rear anyway.
Not done the rear drop links yet but I agree in that it's only a matter of time that they'll need doing tbh

I've gone exact same set up as Rob super pro 22mm and end links.

Reduced understeer, improved cornering at speed without any negatives. (On mk7R)

I’ve got the front and rear ARB to go onto my car the eibach version, what drop links do people advise? Any links?
Cheers

Thanks I appreciate it, however does it affect the ride quality in any way?

No not at all, I bought lowering springs at the same time but don’t really think I need them as the rear arb swap resolved my main gripe about dodgy handling