Long delays for new orders due to WLTP emissions testing

Yes it was but for the sales of the a4 to pickup they needed to think outside the box.. Apart from a few tweaks to the trim and specs they've done nothing to correct the weaknesses and compete with rivals.
If I was looking at cars to purchase now the a4 would not be top of my list...

Yes it was but for the sales of the a4 to pickup they needed to think outside the box.. Apart from a few tweaks to the trim and specs they've done nothing to correct the weaknesses and compete with rivals.
If I was looking at cars to purchase now the a4 would not be top of my list...
They've done the absolute minimum. Not really a facelift, more like an extra bit of make-up!

Reactions: cuke2u
I've heard back from Audi:

"The production date is estimated in December. Delivery date can potentially be in January/February."

Great, just great......

Reactions: DazNoonan
I'm tempted to cancel mine and just stick with my little runaround... mainly because Audi appear to be absolutely useless and the lease companies are a bunch of cowboys

Reactions: Simonwhite2000 and DaveW
Finding it difficult to stay level headed on this one. Dunno about you guys, I think they are taking us for mugs. Expecting us to wait almost a year, no explanation, no updates. Really?

Reactions: Simonwhite2000
Audi uk have ignored my tweet I did 30 hrs ago. They dont give two hoots

Reactions: tickedon and DaveW
Audi uk have ignored my tweet I did 30 hrs ago. They dont give two hoots
All they do is try to send you back to the dealer, who also know nothing. They will also ask if the dealer has offered any alternatives. But stock is so thin on the ground now. We're basically stuck. Try tweeting @AudiUkCare

I've heard back from Audi:

"The production date is estimated in December. Delivery date can potentially be in January/February."

Great, just great......

This is a joke, I ordered early May and wouldn’t never have expected to wait until 2019. It’s just crazy.

They surely have to honour the prices we were quoted for our cars with the extras etc... too. Mines through a lease and I’m being told that they don’t think the price will remain the same and I will have to paid more due to the delays.

I have no idea what to think or what to do with my order at all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a joke, I ordered early May and wouldn’t never have expected to wait until 2019. It’s just crazy.

They surely have to honour the prices we were quoted for our cars with the extras etc... too. Mines through a lease and I’m being told that they don’t think the price will remain the same and I will have to paid more due to the delays.

I have been told the price will stay the same as order has been locked in factory

Tweet or as @cuke2u suggested, ring Audi CS to register your dissatisfaction. The more of us that get onto them, there may be a chance of them actually doing something.

Complete shambles on VAG's part, few of my mates work as salesmen and they are struggling, lots of cancelled orders and grumpy customers (I'd be the same)as a result of this. There will be some bargains between now and end of August as any non WLTP compliant vehicles have to be registered by 31/8/18 otherwise they are basically scrap. Trouble is choice of colour/spec is very limited now.

It's also pretty disappointing how little effort has been put into refreshing the 2019 model, I wondered if I had made the right decision when I ordered mine earlier this year - so glad I did now.

Reactions: DaveW
I think the offer of locking in the order price is hardly anything to write home about, that shouldn't even be part of the discussion when considering how best to make up this ****-show to customers.

I am considering being very ambitious and phoning them on Monday to ask them to change my order to an Avant, seeing as they seem to be being built the same week as the saloons anyway. Think there's any chance they'd do this if I asked nicely? My fear would be I straight to the back of the order queue (not that it would appear to matter at this point).

I think the offer of locking in the order price is hardly anything to write home about, that shouldn't even be part of the discussion when considering how best to make up this ****-show to customers.

I am considering being very ambitious and phoning them on Monday to ask them to change my order to an Avant, seeing as they seem to be being built the same week as the saloons anyway. Think there's any chance they'd do this if I asked nicely? My fear would be I straight to the back of the order queue (not that it would appear to matter at this point).
Is also ask that no extra cost incurred for the upgrade.

Getting the Avant at sedan prices whilst getting the facelift at the same time. You see that remotely happening?
You don't ask, you don't get. Worth a try after this whole farce.

Reactions: Stuart Robertson and Simonwhite2000
I would and I hope the dealership has provided a equivalent vehicle as well...

Have just put a request in for pricing details on the new Volvo s60..looks lovely..

I think Volvo are on a roll - they styling inside and out of their latest cars is excellent

Reactions: Yorks777
I've just seen on the Audi website that it says "Some of the A4 Saloon engines are now subject to availability". I can't recall seeing that there before. Hopefully they're getting ready to update the website.

http://www.uk.audi.com/uk/web/en/models/a4/a4-saloon.html

Due to the lack of other offers out there I've decided to bite the bullet and wait for the car and have arranged an 'informal agreement' with VWFS on my current lease to extend it 3 months to mid Jan (which tbh, that might not be long enough by the sounds of it!)

...and on the Audi.de website it mentions WLTP and the emissions could be different... blah blah... but no mention about wait times..

"Please note the following note before proceeding with the configuration:
Due to the conversion of our vehicles to the WLTP emission standard, the model you have chosen may differ from the ranges shown here as a result of production in model year 2019 in terms of fuel consumption and emissions, technical characteristics and equipment. For more information visit www.audi.de/wltp or ask your Audi partner"

So it does sound like it’ll be November/December when I get my 2.0 TFSI Black sedition Avant. The price is locked in which is great,

One thing I’m now concerned about is I’ve spec’d my car to fall just under £40k before delivery so it falls into the £150 a year tax bracket and not the extra £310 a year for being over £40k. The new cars list price will be higher and as such could push mine up over the VED bracket thus cost me an extra £310 a year for 5 years!

Something else to think about.

If people are cancelling I think we should all cancel together to make a proper impact.

Reactions: WesT-gefül, tickedon, DaveW and 1 other person
So it does sound like it’ll be November/December when I get my 2.0 TFSI Black sedition Avant. The price is locked in which is great,

One thing I’m now concerned about is I’ve spec’d my car to fall just under £40k before delivery so it falls into the £150 a year tax bracket and not the extra £310 a year for being over £40k. The new cars list price will be higher and as such could push mine up over the VED bracket thus cost me an extra £310 a year for 5 years!

Something else to think about.

If people are cancelling I think we should all cancel together to make a proper impact.[/QUOTE

How did you find out its going to be nov ordec?

That’s what I’ve been told by my dealer as when the build starts up again for my car.

So, at last the German site has been updated with the new model details:
https://www.audi.de/de/brand/de/neuwagen/a4/a4-limousine-2019.html
Unsurprisingly, no details for the S4 yet...
Configurator is still 2018 too (Google translate explains: We would like to point out that some of the illustrated exterior sizes are not yet shown in the configurator (Audi A4 2018).Currently you have the possibility to configure your A4 in model year 2018.However, your vehicle will be delivered with a new order already with the amounts shown here from the model year 2019 - if ordered.For further information, please contact your Audi partner.)

Wonder if the blue car is the black edition with the RS6 style wheels. Rear lights have the look of the new A6 ones.

So, at last the German site has been updated with the new model details:
https://www.audi.de/de/brand/de/neuwagen/a4/a4-limousine-2019.html
Unsurprisingly, no details for the S4 yet...
Configurator is still 2018 too (Google translate explains: We would like to point out that some of the illustrated exterior sizes are not yet shown in the configurator (Audi A4 2018).Currently you have the possibility to configure your A4 in model year 2018.However, your vehicle will be delivered with a new order already with the amounts shown here from the model year 2019 - if ordered.For further information, please contact your Audi partner.)

It looks quite good although it’s not much of an improvement, just had a bit of a nip and tuck here or there.

Found on AudiWorld...
A4 1
A4 2

Reactions: Hambee1234, tickedon and DaveW
I ordered my A4 Avant 3.0 TDi 272 Black Edition in late March, supposedly for delivery August 7th. I still don’t have a build date or even an Audi order number.

I ordered my A4 Avant 3.0 TDi 272 Black Edition in late March, supposedly for delivery August 7th. I still don’t have a build date or even an Audi order number.
You should have an order number. The dealer should have this.
As yours will be a 2019 model you'll get 286ps instead of 272 now :sunglasses:

At the end of April I ordered an A4 2.0 TDI 190 Ultra S-Tronic S-Line. Still no build date so I know mine will be a MY19 car when it finally lands.

I recall some mention here that the Ultra engine option will be discontinued - therefore assume I will now get the non-Ultra TDI 190 engine. Not sure why the lower CO2 Ultra variant has been dropped - something related to WLTP no doubt....

At the end of April I ordered an A4 2.0 TDI 190 Ultra S-Tronic S-Line. Still no build date so I know mine will be a MY19 car when it finally lands.

I recall some mention here that the Ultra engine option will be discontinued - therefore assume I will now get the non-Ultra TDI 190 engine. Not sure why the lower CO2 Ultra variant has been dropped - something related to WLTP no doubt....

I ordered the Ultra but have been told it has been discontinued and I'll be getting a non-Ultra. Had I realised the differences before ordering, I would've ordered the non-Ultra anyway. Like you, I don't know why it was dropped.

Here's a thread I posted a while back about the Ultra no longer being available:

https://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/ultra-no-longer-available.375336/

Asked the dealer if the black edition will still come with the rotor alloys as standard and they couldnt say. Had one more try of adding B&O sound and they said I couldnt. Very strange if you ask me - "please will you take my £750? No, sorry cant do that".