Unknown flap/visor usage???

milkyjoe01

Reaction score
Does anyone know what that flap/visor is for, that is located just in front of the interior light unit above the rear view mirror on the Audi A3, 8P? It has a small circular recess/opening on the front of the flap, maybe a sensor of some sort. I had this flap/visor on my '04 A3 & i have it on my '12 A3 Black Ed. but i have no idea what it's for??

Does anyone know what that flap/visor is for, that is located just in front of the interior light unit above the rear view mirror on the Audi A3, 8P? It has a small circular recess/opening on the front of the flap, maybe a sensor of some sort. I had this flap/visor on my '04 A3 & i have it on my '12 A3 Black Ed. but i have no idea what it's for??
Pic would help mate

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

It's also a sun visor - surprisingly it's quite handy

Reactions: ch1z64, Dan2.0TFSI and leshkin
That's what my brother said but i told him it wouldn't be a sun visor because of the sun shade strip on the windscreen! You live & learn! Any idea what the small, recess is for on the front? Looks like it could house a sensor of some sort?

Yeah small sun visor for the gap above the rear view mirror and top of the screen. Just leave mine down now all the time.

One of of those little features on VW/ Audi cars that most people don't notice. I did start a thread on these somewhere on the forum as a sticky thread, can't find it now.