My First Audi

I knew they called it a crystal metallic but wasn't sure if that was just marketing speak......but now I see it is actually different. It already looks great but I can see the potential for it to look amazing after a good detailer gets his hands on it. :sunglasses:
Funny you should say about the Q2 because last week we were sitting in a car park and a Q2 pulled in and my girlfriend said is that the same colour? I initially thought there was maybe a subtle difference....but it must have been the same.

I see you are from Hamilton, I grew up in Bellshill then moved to Carluke in my late teens, before finally moving to Kirkcaldy where I am now.
My girlfriend works in Asda Hamilton. :D

P.S. I like your avatar. Sonny Crockett was the coolest tv cop of the 80's, and was my favourite show. :)
Hamilton born and bread.. Mate Aye..... Sonny Crockett coolest cop on TV just like l am the coolest on here lol

Cheers Dave.
I really need to pick a car and stick with it for a reasonable length of time. :relaxed:
I think this one might be a keeper though.:innocent:
a problem a number of us suffer with (keeping a car long enough :0) - Lovely looking Ara saloon @Ron240

Reactions: Jcbmally, Ron240 and Jassyo06
P.S. I like your avatar. Sonny Crockett was the coolest tv cop of the 80's, and was my favourite show. :)
Trust me, that is really him :whistle2:. @jassyo06 has spent a fortune to look like Sonny Crocket. :thumbs up:

Welcome mate, car looks great, not sure about the sunglass' in the old cleavage look (very Miami Vice) :respekt:

Reactions: Ron240 and Jassyo06
Trust me, that is really him :whistle2:. @jassyo06 has spent a fortune to look like Sonny Crocket. :thumbs up:

Welcome mate, car looks great, not sure about the sunglass' in the old cleavage look (very Miami Vice) :respekt:
Hes got that ex roadie look about him but no ... CTR in sight lol
Hope @Ron240 takes this on the chin lol
Unnamed

Reactions: NevMan, TYb, Ron240 and 1 other person
Hey I've got a good sense of humour.
I would love a Mustang Mach1 as well. :D
Saxondale.....I quite liked that series. :)

Reactions: Jcbmally, Jassyo06 and TYb
Being a veteran on other forums its never easy starting again as a newbie....but this is my first Audi and after a quick look at the relevant forums this seems like the place to be.
I have previously had a couple of Mk.3 Focus STs, then the car I traded in for my Audi was a 2017 Civic FK8.
I have bought a new S3 Saloon Black Edition in Ara Blue. I think this colour is beautiful, it was the only colour I wanted, and everybody who has commented on my car has complimented on the colour.
The only option on my car is the paint. Yes I would have liked a few other things like Keyless(safer without but a pain getting used to again), folding mirrors(dismayed that this is an option on a 40 grand car), red callipers(would look lovely against the blue), reversing camera(its surprising how you get used to this and appreciate the benefit), and virtual cockpit(amazing!).
As it is my car just scraped in under the threshold for increased road tax, so probably even the cheapest of those options would have put it over. I didn't fancy paying £450 per year road tax....might as well have bought an RS3 if that was the case....assuming I could afford it of course. :D

Anyway I am loving the car so far....it is a step up in quality from what I have previously been used to. I am still getting used to the S Tronic gearbox....trying to figure out which mode I prefer. Auto can change up too early while Dynamic hangs on too long. I will find a compromise I'm sure. :)
I wondered why my tail lights were always on, but reading the manual it states that they are on all the time with the daytime running lights for some markets..... so obviously UK is one of those markets. Not entirely happy about this....I would prefer my tail lights only to be on with the headlights.
Disappointed to see the wheel hubs already rusting just like they did on my Civic. On a brand new car this is very poor!

Looking forward to being a part of the forum. :)
View attachment 157705 View attachment 157706 View attachment 157707 View attachment 157708 View attachment 157709 View attachment 157710
@Ron240 - Hi & :welcome!: to Audi-Sport.Net Ron
Cracking S3 saloon buddy. Very nice indeedy ! :thumbs up:

Reactions: Jcbmally, Ron240, NevMan and 1 other person
Hey I've got a good sense of humour.
I would love a Mustang Mach1 as well. :D
Saxondale.....I quite liked that series. :)
Aye us Scots are thicker skinned than them Bufftys Saaaath of the border mate lol

Reactions: Jcbmally, Ron240, Bristle Hound and 1 other person
Yes it can be a controversial subject, but I am old school and believe in being gentle with a brand new engine.....avoiding high and constant revs, labouring etc up till 500 miles then relaxing a bit for next 500 before using the full rev range when I feel the need.
I am finding it a little bit different to follow my own method with this being an automatic....but still generally taking it easy.
Having said that I have had a couple of moments where I tried the full throttle upchanges just to see what it is like (WOW :sunglasses:), but I am back to driving miss daisy now. :innocent:
My car just clicked over onto 200 miles this morning when I was going to Asda.....parking furthest away from the entrance of course. :relaxed:
Let me guess, somebody parked right next to you? :wtf:

Reactions: Jcbmally and Jassyo06
That will be the Audi four rings, for less attention you should have picked the VW badge ;)

Not entirely... My Mk 7 Golf GTI in carbon steel grey still gets a lot of admiring glances mainly due to the colour i believe. More than the R due to the fact there are gazillions of R's on the road lol

I'm torn tho...to have another grey car or not. I like daytona but is it similar to VW's carbon steel grey?