APR maps ?

Matt268uk

A3 Sportback
VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi All.
Quick question. What do we all think of APR maps ? i'm going to put a stage 1 on a 2.0 tdi and have a local company that does them. I can get a good price from them as our bodyshop does lots of work for them and vice versa. Just wondering about APR in general.

Thanks.

Very pleased with my APR however i started with Revo which was also very good simply because its user adjustable by the owner in a few minutes if you buy the SPS (switch). Great if you want several setting like a runabout setting , a fast setting and a track day setting, also useful if you can only get 95 ron as that is also adjustable. As a generic map i would go Revo.

Might be worth doing a search using the search section on the site , top right corner where the microscope icon is and if it has be covered there will be heaps off info there

I've got stage 1 APR on my 2.0 TDI Golf Blue Motion. One word "Brilliant". Transformed the car. Acceleration is much quicker. Fuel consumtion is unaffected. Recently travelling from the NEC in Birmingham back home to Taunton in Somerset it was registering 73 mpg. OK I wasn't in hurry cruising down the motorway at 70 - 75 mph

Very pleased with my APR however i started with Revo which was also very good simply because its user adjustable by the owner in a few minutes if you buy the SPS (switch). Great if you want several setting like a runabout setting , a fast setting and a track day setting, also useful if you can only get 95 ron as that is also adjustable. As a generic map i would go Revo.

Can switch maps with APR if you have cruise control as it uses the stalk to cycle between maps. 2+ is awesome on my s3, as far as off the shelf maps go it's way ahead of the others and the 8p chassis maps are still being tweaked today where as most others like revo stopped tweaking theirs long ago

I have the latest APR2+ and cruise ?? no one said anything about switching maps (not that I need to really)

You have to have the maps loaded to switch obviously - I was asked which maps I wanted when I had mine loaded. Have never bothered switching but you can. Can also place into various modes.

Reactions: paddy
I don't have any other maps loaded that i know of and i dont have the security code either. That said at 381bhp why would i want to mess about with it :)

I don't have any other maps loaded that i know of and i dont have the security code either. That said at 381bhp why would i want to mess about with it :)

It's mainly just so that if you can't find 99ron fuel you can switch maps to run the car on 95ron

Reactions: paddy
I supose we are lucky in the UK, there is usually a Tesco or shell about.
Early this morning i was on the A11 at Mildenhall and i stopped at an esso and they have 97 so i just put £20 in to get me home then i noticed the price... £1.49 ltr !! is this a world record. :(

I do the same if I can’t find a Shell then it’s a minimum from anywhere else until I can find one to fill up. I’m sure there is an app that allows you to check petrol prices nearby - not sure how real time it is though.