Front number plate mounting hack

prits_88

Reaction score
Hi all,

I was the lucky owner of a new rs3 last week. I was wanting to place my RS3 mounting faceplate in the centre of the grill like this:
2018-06-04%2019.10.41.jpg

However, when using the included audi number plate mounting plate this problem the faceplate is obscured:

2018-06-04%2019.29.42.jpg

I have purchased a new number plate with a the least height possible (105mm) but was wondering if anyone had any smart ways to attach it to the grill as low as possible without obscuring the radar camera.

Ideally i was hoping for something that can be screwed into the 4 existing holes which then has a flat surface that the plate can be stuck onto?

help!
thank you

2018-06-04%2019.10.30.jpg

Hi all,

I was the lucky owner of a new rs3 last week. I was wanting to place my RS3 mounting faceplate in the centre of the grill like this:
2018-06-04%2019.10.41.jpg

However, when using the included audi number plate mounting plate this problem the faceplate is obscured:

2018-06-04%2019.29.42.jpg

I have purchased a new number plate with a the least height possible (105mm) but was wondering if anyone had any smart ways to attach it to the grill as low as possible without obscuring the radar camera.

Ideally i was hoping for something that can be screwed into the 4 existing holes which then has a flat surface that the plate can be stuck onto?

help!
thank you

2018-06-04%2019.10.30.jpg

I’ve got this in my s3 if your interested in something similar just runs off a fob

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bet the Police would love that .. ^^ can it change between different number plates too ;)?

Lol no mate it’s only for shows it’s up all the time just a demonstration on what original poster could have easy installation doesn’t sit too low under car no scraps

I’ve got this in my s3 if your interested in something similar just runs off a fob

IMG_1516.MOV