Front number plate size

sixlargebeers

Reaction score
Has anyone had the smaller, almost square shaped style of number plate put on the front of their A3/S3 ? I think it would make far more of the deep front grille than the standard oblong plate. I don't know if dealers would fit them at registration if requested - don't see why not.

A pic would be great if anyone has gone for that.

Do you mean like a jap style plate? I've seen shortened plates but I don't think they really work on the A3 as there is that empty space within the number plate holder that makes it look messy. I'm all for shorter plates on the back though as there is no plate surround

Do you mean like a jap style plate? I've seen shortened plates but I don't think they really work on the A3 as there is that empty space within the number plate holder that makes it look messy. I'm all for shorter plates on the back though as there is no plate surround
What i had in mind was similar to what my wife has on the rear of her LR Discovery namely a square shaped plate. Seems to me it would give more emphasis to the long deep grille. I'm not so fussed about the rear plate.