EGR sensor problems

Jake12

Reaction score
So I’ve had the coil engine light coming up on the dash every now and then for an EGR fault. Had my car carbon cleaned and diagnostics said EGR circuit fault, EGR, DPF and turbo were all moving smoothly, but the light still comes on now and then and car goes into limp mode, any ideas? Mechanic who did the carbon cleaning said he thinks it could be a EGR sensor?

So I’ve had the coil engine light coming up on the dash every now and then for an EGR fault. Had my car carbon cleaned and diagnostics said EGR circuit fault, EGR, DPF and turbo were all moving smoothly, but the light still comes on now and then and car goes into limp mode, any ideas? Mechanic who did the carbon cleaning said he thinks it could be a EGR sensor?
I would have thought it would show up on a Vcd's as usual these type off faults do electrical or sensor

I would have thought it would show up on a Vcd's as usual these type off faults do electrical or sensor
All it said was “EGR Circuit fault” but everything was all moving fine

Plastic sprockets in the egr break up, you need to remove the plastic cover to see if the sprockets are intact.