Swearing at the puddle lights

Dr_Rick

Reaction score
So trying to modernise the light output from the OEM halogen units for the four puddle lights on my S3. Solution, LED replacements.

First attempt is replacement bulbs in OEM units. With the drivers door I managed to disconnect the bulb holder, but now I’m suffering at the mercy of a short loom and can’t for the life of me work out how you reconnect the unit!

Drivers rear door, I managed to remove the bulb and replace with an LED one. All replaced fine.

Passenger rear, unit out but can’t replace. Passenger front, gave up.

Anyone got any tricks for puddle light units?

I’m thinking of making up some extension looms but it’s not easy finding the spade terminals to suit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Door card off and extend the looms. Cut in the middle so you keep the connectors

Reactions: K1NGY14 and ch1z64
Door card off and extend the looms. Cut in the middle so you keep the connectors
Correct answer i had to do that to my drivers side so i could turn it round so the S3 point in the correct direction

Figured as much. I was just trying to avoid removing 4 door cards if I could get away with it.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Figured as much. I was just trying to avoid removing 4 door cards if I could get away with it.

Have you not got enough cable once you unclip them from bottom off door card , pull them gently a little to see if you have just enough to snip the connector off and just enough cable to solder another piece onto b4 soldering the connector piece onto new cable

Have you not got enough cable once you unclip them from bottom off door card , pull them gently a little to see if you have just enough to snip the connector off and just enough cable to solder another piece onto b4 soldering the connector piece onto new cable
Yeah, I'd had that thought once I'd put the post up.

Need to get some heat shrink though: I don't like just using electrical tape.

Yeah, I'd had that thought once I'd put the post up.

Need to get some heat shrink though: I don't like just using electrical tape.

Sure you can buy from Halfords and i have recently just found out that speaker wire is the same size 0.5mm2 so a easy cheap repair but 10m from ebay less than £3 bargain