Timing belt parts?

Reaction score
Hi guys, my car is going to get its timing belt replaced next week as I am getting close to 60k and want it done sooner rather than later.

I was wondering what parts will be needed as I am going to order them from Vag parts on the net.

I think I may as well get an APR snub mount fitted while the front is off the car.
Anyone know the cheapest place to get one of those?

Cheers.

Belt (obviously) tesioner,idle roller and the small roller that sits on the tesioner

There are kits available that have the lot in ready to go

ther is only one pully and a tensioner, no small roller, tensioner is about 90 quid alone from the dealers

I paid dealer prices for my belt roller and tensioner and it was about £170

Try Jabbasport i think they do a kit cheapish

I got the belt kit which had the belt and idler roller (bout £96 IIRC - I'll just go check...) and the tensioner damper thingy (another £90) direct from Audi a water pump (£10) and lower balancer pulley (£15) from ebay.

Was a good job I got the balancer pulley as we had to completely shag the old one up to get the bolts out - don't think you can get the lower cover off without removing the pulley. The water pump was starting to seize too so got to that in the nick of time!

Rest of the bits (coolant, thermostat/seal etc) from GSF.

Right, just checked the invoices. Can't find the one for the timing belt kit but did find the tensioner - £102!! I also changed the power steering, alternator and air con belts at the same time, got those from GSF though - 3l of coolant, the three auxiliary belts, thermostat and seal £44

Timing Belt -CONTITECH - £15.91 - 325440555
Belt Tensioner - LEMFORDER - £23.51 - 328440120

Just some prices for you, can't tell what the other bits though as our web-site is being updated. If you want i can get you a quote for the set mate!

I got my parts from GSF, Here are the part no's + Prices i paid so you can compare.

Cam belt kit which inc all rollers gsf part no..12980 at £51.52 inc vat
Cam belt tensioner/damper gsf part no..13148D at £70.03 inc vat

My engine code is AJL.

recommend getting a metal impellor water pump at sametime, (£26 ish from GSF, audi one is plastic and can break)

parts recommended to replace

belt (make sure correct one as there is a 152 tooth and a 153 tooth)
tensioner
main tensioner roller
idle roller

as i had everything out at the time, i also replaced all other aux. belts (pas, alternator etc etc)

If you go to the dealers they dont do the 152 tooth belt or the original tensioner system anymore