Color change after car is already ordered

Just gonna leave some fresh off the transporter pics of Floret here...

Attachments

• 2C75CEE8-40BD-497A-AE7B-A4C2936D6803.jpeg
    2C75CEE8-40BD-497A-AE7B-A4C2936D6803.jpeg
    916.5 KB · Views: 139
  • 3DC6E2BA-B9C0-43E4-A601-9D03BA075911.jpeg
    3DC6E2BA-B9C0-43E4-A601-9D03BA075911.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 127
  • 7012EF16-35BE-475A-BB2F-8B0F24FADCD9.jpeg
    7012EF16-35BE-475A-BB2F-8B0F24FADCD9.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 133
Reactions: Snake Pliskin, TomislAv3, Sandra and 4 others
Floret all day long.

Unless they can make a black car that doesn’t swirl so easily and can still look clean after 2 days then I’ll never get another.

Floret, no brainer.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, TomislAv3 and Sandra
Floret forever. don't change!

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, TomislAv3 and Sandra
Black! Nothing looks better than a black car.

Floret would be my second choice ;-)

Reactions: TomislAv3
Just gonna leave some fresh off the transporter pics of Floret here...

Very nice!! I love this new LED headlights, it brings up look of the car a lot! And it's an S_line... ufff :smiley:
Florett is definitely darker then silver on other brands. That's what I like a lot!! If it was Ice silver I wouldn't give it a pass.

Last edited:
Reactions: SamR92 and Snake Pliskin
Black! Nothing looks better than a black car.

Floret would be my second choice ;-)

I agree with you... but when after 2 years sun comes on it it's painful to watch (parking marks, swirls, little bumps).
Like someone said before: "Black is not a color it's a full time job" :worried:

Florett is beautiful so I'm not having regret choosing it again. I think it will be second silver A3 FL in my town. Other ones are black or white (brilliant and ibis :grimacing:).
It's interesting... when I was buying preFL Florett I never once thought about black A3. This new lights suit black FL very well.
Or my pain of owning black car was too fresh so I ignored black one :smiley:.

Last edited:
Reactions: KenL and Snake Pliskin
S8+ in floret silver ohhhhhhhhhh yeeeeeeeees :sunglasses:

Audi S8 Plus 2

Reactions: KenL, Bristle Hound, Tom.H and 4 others
Dealer said that factory confirmed production of the car (second half of the 3rd month) and it's not possible to change color anymore. Car should be delivered in the first half of the 4th month.
I think that S3/RS3 and even S-line look great in any color :friendly wink:.

I think your dealer is talking out of his trousers. If you're 4 months from getting your car the build week is still only provisional and likely to move a few times before your car is actually assembled. I added keyless entry (or whatever they call it) about 4 weeks after the order was with the factory and showing on the tracker. I'd push the dealer again, you definitely have time to change your order. Maybe contact Audi UK customer service, the car has to be the color you want.

I think your dealer is talking out of his trousers. If you're 4 months from getting your car the build week is still only provisional and likely to move a few times before your car is actually assembled. I added keyless entry (or whatever they call it) about 4 weeks after the order was with the factory and showing on the tracker. I'd push the dealer again, you definitely have time to change your order. Maybe contact Audi UK customer service, the car has to be the color you want.

I think I didn't explained it as I should. It will be produced sometimes between 15.3.2018 and 30.3.2018 and delivery time is planed around 15.4.2018.

I must say I love silver color. Black is a nightmare for stratches and dirt.

It's scary to think how much time I wasted in the past wondering whether I made the right colour choice, looking at the brochures, comparing pictures on the Internet, or even travelling to see actual cars, keeping on changing my mind... as if it was a matter of life and death... to then not even think about it once I finally got the car...

It happened again with my latest drive: a S3 cabriolet. Do I go for Sepang or Navarra? What about Ara? Is Sepang too dark or is Ara too light? What about the hood? Is the grey different, but too much on the feminine side? Is the black more masculine, yet more common and darkens the car too much? What about the inside trim? Is the black too boring and dark? Is the Lunar Silver too difficult to maintain? Oh, and what about the alloys? Do I prefer the 5-twin-spoke star or the 5-arm-wing? Should I go for the brake callipers in red? Do the wing mirrors look better in the colour of the car? And so on...

Guess what: as usual the hardest was the agonising wait until the pickup date, during which I kept on questioning my choices. Now I have the car, I am really enjoying it as a whole and once again I am wondering why I spent so much time torturing my mind over such trivial questions. Truth be told, I would most certainly have enjoyed it just as much in any of the above configurations anyway. Besides, everything has pros and cons and there will always be another car at some point in the future to try different combinations.

So what I am saying is: try to not lose any sleep over it, because there is no right and wrong decision here and try to focus instead on the fact that you will soon get a great car that you will enjoy!

Oh and if you want my personal opinion, Floret Silver wins every time over Black!

Reactions: TomislAv3
Thank you so much on the effort to describe me your experience with choosing the "right" color. :icon thumright:
I went with the Florett in the end :relaxed:.

Unfortunately I was so concentrated on choosing the color and the equipment that I made one major mistake. I have chosen 1.6 TDI over 1.5 TFSI.
I had 1.6 TDI before and was quite satisfied with the engine so I went for TDI again. 1.6 TDI and 1.5 TFSI have the same price so the money wasn't an issue. After Germany made decision of removing diesels from town's and after I have seen articles of how Alfa Romeo and Fiat are stopping manufacturing diesels from 2022 I realized stupidity of my purchase.

But now there's no going back. It is what it is. Factory is starting to produce the car after 2 weeks. :grimacing:
At least I'll have the color I wanted :laughing:

It might be a sensible choice depending on your mileage and budget for running costs. You will get 15-20mpg more with the diesel, Co2 emissions are a bit lower, the insurance will probably be a bit cheaper too, intervals between services should be longer, etc. It's all down to your personal circumstances.

I would not worry too much about the doom and gloom around diesel engines. Modern ones are very efficient and they will still be around for decades. Or if you want to go this way, petrol engines are polluting as well and they will also eventually disappear in favour of newer and cleaner solutions, so you should not buy them either...

Reactions: KenL
I love diesels and have been driving them since I've got my driving license. For me the only problem is decreased resale value because of the all media linch.
I think it's all about politics and higher interests... and very, very little about ecology. 15 years ago diesels were way to go because of lower CO2... today they are problem because of NOx... tomorrow it will be something else. It's all about the money.

And here it is.... still unpacked :D

Attachments

• 20180329_180546.jpg
    20180329_180546.jpg
    683.6 KB · Views: 102
  • 20180329_180556.jpg
    20180329_180556.jpg
    712.2 KB · Views: 103
  • 20180329_180628.jpg
    20180329_180628.jpg
    670.1 KB · Views: 86
  • 20180329_180937.jpg
    20180329_180937.jpg
    719.9 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_3056.jpg
    IMG_3056.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Reactions: Jassyo06, SamR92, oli356 and 1 other person
Nice car.

Please find another site to host your pictures as a very dodgy advert appeared when I clicked to get a better look at your car!

Reactions: Jassyo06 and TomislAv3