Need some Intercooler help.

Nathan Russell

Reaction score
Website
www.albatrossandmariner.co.uk
Right then Chaps. Need some advice. Firstly... let’s get this out of the way... yes my diagram skills are pretty poor!! But it’ll have to do!

I’m looking to add a front mount intercooler to my Avant. At the moment I believe it has two side mounts shown where the blue boxes are below.

Would it work if I add a front mount in secquence with the side mounts? Use the outlet hose of the first to to join the FMIC and the the outlet of the FMIC to join the second side mount.

Is that stupid?

jXS2iks.jpg

great image that chap, and way better than some of my drawing attempts recently..lol, i'm sure there is a very complex answer to be honest but it makes sense to me frankly, a very straight forward solution.....I hope it would work as it saves a lot of messing around with pipework...
good luck chap.

Reactions: Nathan Russell
Can definitely make it work as mine has a front mount (all be it on a different motor but I'm sure space won't be all that different).

Haven't really got many pictures of the front of the car as I'm not a huge fan of the metal poking out but it looks like this:
MVIMG_20171119_160333_V2.jpg

At some point I'll probably put some plastic to cover the opening on the fog lights and/or spray everything black.

Haha cheers Rob. Awesome chaps. I’ll get buying them and see what happens.

That’s what I thought Rob. Saves a lot of piping headaches if I can use most of what is there!

Dark side developments do a good size intercooler for £75 so I’ll see how that goes.

Mine's just a universal kit off eBay if that helps, same as Darkside really just need to play about to fit everything right, think I paid about £130 for pipe's, clip's, core and everything, suppose if your going with just the core it'll be the diameter of the connecting stuff which will be the main thing to think about (well to be fair either way getting connecting hose sizes right is always a fun game haha), Darkside core's and allot of things they sell are just universal part's with their branding plastered on it.

Cheers for the info buddy.

The dark side one has the correct 2.25” inlet and outlet. Also if it has a pressure leak I can send it back to them rather than mss about with eBay. Unfortunately not everyone on there is great to deal with.

I wouldn' run one of the other. Running 3 could cause pressure drop and lad issues.