00470 - Company Comfort Databus in Single Wire

8BallAddict

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
HI All,

I'm went to look at a 2009 1.9 TDI E today and ran a scan on it, after clearing a few faults, all that is still showing up is the 00470 - Company Comfort Databus in Single Wire fault - extract below.

I've done a bit of googling and can't find anything concrete apart from lots of people talking about battery drain. All the electrics seemed to be working on the test drive today and the rest of the car is lovely so any advise before I pull the trigger tomorrow?

TIA!!

Fault Found:
00470 - Company Comfort Databus in Single Wire
011 - Open Circuit
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 01101011
Fault Priority: 3
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 56
Mileage: 147772 km
Time Indication: 0
Date: 2017.12.22
Time: 14:11:56

Theres a broken canbus wire somewhere on the car. Common places are the wiring harnesses between the pillars and the doors it may not be apparent but there will be a loss of functionality somewhere on the car best bet is to get hold of a wiring diagram and have a look around. You have two can bus wires one for high speed data transfer and one for low speed you can usually identify them as they are a twisted pair.

Reactions: 8BallAddict
Thanks bud....just on way to have another look at it so I’ll see if I can narrow it down!

Which address did the fault code come in I should have asked that before telling you to check the doors.

As above when CAN buses go into single wire working you usually retain all the functionality but quite often the modules affected don't go into the low power sleep mode when the car is locked. This is why they are associated with current drains. Could be tricky to track down.
Module 19 is the CAN gateway which is the module I would expect to report that error.

Well it did. Cleared it a few times and it’s still there. The only electrical thing I can find that’s not working is the red light on the inside of the drivers door. Surly that can’t be related.