One vent not working?

Daggerit

Reaction score
This is a really random one but wanted to see if it was the same on other people's cars or not before I take it to Audi...

Basically the vent just to the left of the steering wheel (on my right hand driver version for non-UK members) doesn't blow air, despite me having the air set to the vents, turned up the fan and closed all the other vents off.

I take it that no one else has this problem?

Thanks,

Dan

Reactions: Thundercliffe81
This is a really random one but wanted to see if it was the same on other people's cars or not before I take it to Audi...

Basically the vent just to the left of the steering wheel (on my right hand driver version for non-UK members) doesn't blow air, despite me having the air set to the vents, turned up the fan and closed all the other vents off.

I take it that no one else has this problem?

Thanks,

Dan

I'll check next time I'm in. I usually have it set to body and feet so I'll just try body. But pretty sure it does blow out. You're right...random fault that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'll check next time I'm in. I usually have it set to body and feet so I'll just try body. But pretty sure it does blow out. You're right...random fault that.

Thanks for that. Yeah, it's a very odd one. What I'm more worried about is that they'll have to completely remove the dash or something to fix it... I feel like that could cause more issues than it solves to be honest.

Thanks for that. Yeah, it's a very odd one. What I'm more worried about is that they'll have to completely remove the dash or something to fix it... I feel like that could cause more issues than it solves to be honest.

Hmmmm. I'm trying to think what else or what other setting could be stopping the flow of air. Is it set to auto? That probably make a difference tbh would it. My B8.5 had no issues whatsoever. Seems to be lots of little gremlins with this B9. Mines been in 3 times so far in first year.

Anyway! I'll try it later on and get back to ya.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It was on Auto when I noticed it so I tried various setting and it would blow out all the other ones apart from that one. Very annoying. Haha.

Reactions: cuke2u
This is normal if you have it set to auto when its cold out to aid maximum demisting of the side windows. You will find the airflow being altered over distance once the car warms up. I leave mine on auto all the time and only use max defrost on a very icy morning...

This is normal if you have it set to auto when its cold out to aid maximum demisting of the side windows. You will find the airflow being altered over distance once the car warms up. I leave mine on auto all the time and only use max defrost on a very icy morning...

Normal that it comes out of three of the four vents? Including the other centre vent but not the one next to the driver? Surely not. Especially when I've manually set it to blow out of them and closed all the others and it still doesn't blow any air...

When it is cold air is only issued from the two outer vents to maximise demisting. Thus it might be that parameter applied? Certainly that's how my system operates and, because the weather has suddenly dropped in temperature I have just noticed this...

When it is cold air is only issued from the two outer vents to maximise demisting. Thus it might be that parameter applied? Certainly that's how my system operates and, because the weather has suddenly dropped in temperature I have just noticed this...

As before, I set the air to come out of the vents manually. All of them worked apart from that one, including the other centre one. Then shut the three other vents and it still didn't work, so it has nothing to do with that unless that one vent next to the driver just doesn't open under any circumstances when it's blowing air that's warmer than the external temperature, which I highly doubt given how much effort I went through trying to systematically work through all the vent options...

Sorry but I only read this part "This is a really random one but wanted to see if it was the same on other people's cars or not before I take it to Audi...

I take it that no one else has this problem?"
Even if you turn off vents when on auto it still will not direct air any to one of the centre ones. I did not realise you'd done all of that...

I checked mine when I went to get my lunch, when set to manually come out of those vents, air comes out of the one on the left of the steering wheel, it takes a few seconds for it to start working after changing out of auto, but when it starts it's as strong as the opposite vent. When on Auto it's not coming out of that vent but the one next to the window is working.

I checked mine when I went to get my lunch, when set to manually come out of those vents, air comes out of the one on the left of the steering wheel, it takes a few seconds for it to start working after changing out of auto, but when it starts it's as strong as the opposite vent. When on Auto it's not coming out of that vent but the one next to the window is working.

Thanks for checking that for me! Sounds like mine has an issue then as the left centre one takes a second like you described but then blows air and the right one still doesn't. Cheers!

Sorry but I only read this part "This is a really random one but wanted to see if it was the same on other people's cars or not before I take it to Audi...

I take it that no one else has this problem?"
Even if you turn off vents when on auto it still will not direct air any to one of the centre ones. I did not realise you'd done all of that...

No worries, I was wondering if you'd actually read through it all correctly when you commented that! Haha.