Extended lighting - not working?

Riko0073

Reaction score
hi all

I’m sure the extended led lighting strips were on all the time and were quite bright that you could even see them during the day, however I can’t see them working now but when I go into the MI I can select the various colours they come on for about 5 seconds then dim again?

They are set to maximum brightness and haven’t changed anything in the settings.

Am I going mad or do I have an issue?

I’ll go out and check when it’s darker later.

Do you have the dash lights dimmed? They are linked to the dimmer switch next to the headlight switch.

Do you have the dash lights dimmed? They are linked to the dimmer switch next to the headlight switch.
No, I did check that but set to full brightness.
Was it at night when you looked at them?
no a short while ago but I’m sure I could always see them during the day as they’re quite bright when set to maximum.

When I go into settings and click on the brightness wheel they come on and can see quite clearly during the day but they fade after 5 seconds.

.There is a master brightness control as well as the standard brightness controls on the mmi,perhaps this is set too low,

.There is a master brightness control as well as the standard brightness controls on the mmi,perhaps this is set too low,
No, been into the MMI and set that to maximum, it was always set to max.

Well just checked and all working fine....could have sworn though you could see the lights on a full day?

Thanks for your input guys but panic over.

I was quite disappointed when I picked my car up and noticed that I couldn’t see them during the day.

It seems as if they only come on in low light/dark. Considering I rarely drive in the dark it was a little bit of a wasted option, I did assume they would be like the Mercedes and be on all the time.

I was quite disappointed when I picked my car up and noticed that I couldn’t see them during the day.

It seems as if they only come on in low light/dark. Considering I rarely drive in the dark it was a little bit of a wasted option, I did assume they would be like the Mercedes and be on all the time.
Well I drove out today and noticed that you can see them if you manually turn the lights on but if you leave on auto lights they were not lit even if the auto lights were activated?

My lights are always on auto and could swear that I could see the led’s before even during the day?

Oh well, maybe I imagined it or it was very low lighting outside....they still look amazing when the outside is dark and I guess when you want them.

Obviously the colour choice makes a big difference as to how visible they are as well. Blue/white is much easier to see than red for example.

Obviously the colour choice makes a big difference as to how visible they are as well. Blue/white is much easier to see than red for example.
Mostly set to blue as that looks the coolest