Facelift Show me your black edition A3's.....

VinceXR

Reaction score
Ok guys I'm now starting to reconsider my choice of a black - black edition. So back to the drawing board...

Tango Red maybe?

Show me what you got!

Yeah, I think black is a poor choice for the Black Edition. You hide all the lines of the car. Needs to be bright. Audi's are so angular, they really suit white.

Reactions: Carefree69, Neil C and The Challinor
@VinceXR , do not go by photos, if it all possible....Whip down to a few dealers and view Audi colours and make YOUR choice of colour. It is probably the option that should be at the top of your list. You have to live with it everyday.

Reactions: Jassyo06, The Challinor and Audi Bairn
Have a MY16 PFL glacier white S3 with black pack - deff prefer it especially when seeing one with standard chrome trim :D

Tempted to change the mirror covers from the S chrome to black....

S3 Avatar

Reactions: VinceXR
Go on Audi's approved used website and a full UK search, that it'll give you better idea, Glacier, Floret, Tango, Daytona are all winners mate plus it depends on how externally option your car as well, the roof, alloys etc

C9CA3C24 E21A 4818 9866 DA5BDFF9A639
26A26235 4D49 4B37 A632 57EEA31C6735
919B0729 6EF0 4FCB AA76 AE741894589C
26A26235 4D49 4B37 A632 57EEA31C6735
919B0729 6EF0 4FCB AA76 AE741894589C My S Line Daytona BE

Reactions: Jassyo06 and Audi Bairn
Yeah, I think black is a poor choice for the Black Edition. You hide all the lines of the car. Needs to be bright. Audi's are so angular, they really suit white.
I was really quite concerned before I collected my Glacier white, but I love it and definitely made the right choice.

Have a MY16 PFL glacier white S3 with black pack - deff prefer it especially when seeing one with standard chrome trim :D

View attachment 140993

I'd change them to black personally :)

It's a beautiful car bud, what made you go for the Glacier over Ibis?

@VinceXR , do not go by photos, if it all possible....Whip down to a few dealers and view Audi colours and make YOUR choice of colour. It is probably the option that should be at the top of your list. You have to live with it everyday.

Ditto, I had a scare and had to switch from Java green to Porsche Viper Green as I didn’t like it.

Audi were very understanding as they had to order the Java green one and sell it.

Here is my Ibis Hatch...

Attachments

• IMG_2341.jpg
    IMG_2341.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 332
Reactions: amb66
I'd change them to black personally :)

It's a beautiful car bud, what made you go for the Glacier over Ibis?

Thanks mate. Will look into it one day, just one of those things that I think about doing then go, can i be bothered...?

Went for the Glacier over the Ibis as the Glacier has a slight pearl/metallic fleck through it and when the sun hits the car (when she is clean) it looks awesome! The Ibis is too flat for my liking too. If they'd had the Panther Black with the spec I wanted without a silly wait time )read shipping to oz) I would have gone that as that looks stunning in the sun with the purple/metallic fleck coming through - although you'd lose the black pack effect with that colour. :)

View attachment 140993

If you want to swap, I'll trade my BE caps for your chrome ones? lol I assume PFL and FL ones are the same?

Reactions: Jassyo06
Here's my BE S3 :) Daytona grey is faster FYI lol

IMG 0098
IMG 0096
IMG 0094

Reactions: BigBill, TYb, DrEskimo and 1 other person
If you want to swap, I'll trade my BE caps for your chrome ones? lol I assume PFL and FL ones are the same?

No change with the wing mirrors for FL /PFL as far as im aware...

Would swap mate, but I live in Sydney and guessing you are in the motherland?

No change with the wing mirrors for FL /PFL as far as im aware...

Would swap mate, but I live in Sydney and guessing you are in the motherland?

Ah... yes, slight issue there haha

Reactions: Jassyo06
Proper stealth this apart from the badges

Do you mean the S3 badges on the back? Think I'm going to swap out the chrome rings for black ones... looks meaner now as I've got the @MethodEffects splitter on the front. I'll take some new photos tomorrow.

Give me a shout when you are looking to sell....literally the exact spec I would go for!

Haha... probably end up going back to Audi, so I'll let you know if a few years.

Reactions: DrEskimo and MethodEffects
Haha... probably end up going back to Audi, so I'll let you know if a few years.

Good man...

Always thought it would be a good business venture to create a website that pairs people handing cars back on PCP to people who want to buy nearly new cars cheaper.

Never seen the sense in the PCP’er getting less on P/X and the used car buyer paying more to get it from an Audi Dealer. If both met in the middle and cut Audi out as a middle man, both would profit!

Guess the 12m used warranty is a bonus, but on a car with 12+ warranty left, seems like a no brainer.

Oh and I might have a set of black Audi rings if you want them. Give us a PM and I can post them to you

Reactions: Pook, The Challinor and Mark_86
Good man...

Always thought it would be a good business venture to create a website that pairs people handing cars back on PCP to people who want to buy nearly new cars cheaper.

Never seen the sense in the PCP’er getting less on P/X and the used car buyer paying more to get it from an Audi Dealer. If both met in the middle and cut Audi out as a middle man, both would profit!

Guess the 12m used warranty is a bonus, but on a car with 12+ warranty left, seems like a no brainer.

Oh and I might have a set of black Audi rings if you want them. Give us a PM and I can post them to you

You seriously need a car in yer life mate.......yer cluckin like a hen...........nah its no workin....Much like Charlie Sheen in detox.....lol...its only money ye know cant take it with ya

Reactions: DrEskimo
You seriously need a car in yer life mate.......yer cluckin like a hen...........nah its no workin....Much like Charlie Sheen in detox.....lol...its only money ye know cant take it with ya

Haha!

You’re not wrong....

Sorry won’t touch a new car PCP ever again. I’m a maths geek and the numbers just don’t work...

Besides...all the extra cash in my account thanks to no car payment, fuel, insurance, servicing and replacing punctured tyres does take the edge off ;)

Looking at A1/A3 for Miss Eskimo though. That’s helping me a bit....

Reactions: Mark_86, Tom.H and Jassyo06
Do you mean the S3 badges on the back? Think I'm going to swap out the chrome rings for black ones... looks meaner now as I've got the @MethodEffects splitter on the front. I'll take some new photos tomorrow.

Yer I was thinking about the S3 badges, depends if your after the stealth look or not. I saw some black S3 badges once and they looked smart.

Seen a few S3 on here with the splitter, seems to be proving popular.

Good man...

That’s actually a great business idea

Reactions: Mark_86
I personally like black on Black it’s much more understated and not so visibly an S3 which I like. It gets a dirty quick but hey so do all cars.

d95d60e90e32c5aa8a49959dcbab180d.jpg
7fbfb9e57864755e118fd076b9592e4b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: TDI-line, VinceXR and amb66

Connect me to a good Angular / Aurelia / React developer and we can make it happen together as the idea was yours. :D

I'm a back end developer, mostly C# and PHP and can write the back end software needed in a very short time.

Reactions: DrEskimo
Connect me to a good Angular / Aurelia / React developer and we can make it happen together as the idea was yours. :D

I'm a back end developer, mostly C# and PHP and can write the back end software needed in a very short time.

Ha, very kind but I’m already working 50+ hrs a week...

The more I thought about it, the more I realised that people already try by putting them up as private ads on Autotrader. I imagine the main block is that most people don’t buy cash, so you’ll have pretty large supply and hardly any demand....