Facelift Rattling noise between 3/4K revs FL S3

Rolly12

Reaction score
Has anyone else experienced this? It doesn't appear at all until you get to 3k revs and then disappears after 4k?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Almost like a hissing sound?
I get a very slight hissing sound at that rev range

Reactions: Rolly12
Almost like a hissing sound?
I get a very slight hissing sound at that rev range

Yeah, almost hissing like rattle. Sounds like it could be loads of small metal shavings in a propellor.

Yeah, almost hissing like rattle. Sounds like it could be loads of small metal shavings in a propellor.

yeah iv had this faint hiss basically since iv had the car in june, have thought about mentioning it to the dealer but never got round to it

Reactions: Rolly12
yeah iv had this faint hiss basically since iv had the car in june, have thought about mentioning it to the dealer but never got round to it

Unsure if is there in eco or comfort, only ever noticed it in dynamic. I'll test it out tomorrow and try get a video too and you can hear if it sounds the same.

Reactions: MattSedg
Unsure if is there in eco or comfort, only ever noticed it in dynamic. I'll test it out tomorrow and try get a video too and you can hear if it sounds the same.

go for it pal, always wondered about it myself really lol

Have something similar here with my 2017 S3. Increasingly louder rattle from dashboard area in front of driver. For me in occurs above about 3700rpm, loudest at 4K. Has developed within last 2 months.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most likely the valves. At those revs is usually when they begin to open, I had a tinny / rattle noise until I got them replaced.

The valves are supposedly very weak in these cars and do have a tendency to easily come loose etc. - this is what my exhaust guy had told me anyways.

It's the soundaktor. Go into individual and turn engine sound to comfort it should disappear.

Reactions: Flying Scotsman and OliS3