Red Passive door lights

St3ve.H

Reaction score
Hi All

I have just taken delivery of my S3 and was wondering if anyone has the red passive door lights fitted to their 2018 model? Mine are just red reflectors and not lights! I have the Audi beam fitted but no wiring to the spot where the red lights should be.

Mines a MY2017 S3 Saloon not 2018 but it has the red lights.

I've viewed lots of pictures and videos of other A3/S3s while waiting for my S3 and all seem to have proper lights in the doors... Maybe another cost cutting exercise on Audi's part... Maybe another 2018 owner can confirm?

My March delivered S3 Sportback has them front and rear.

Sort of answering my own question here, so having checked on the configurator it seems that what used to be red door lights in the 2017 models are now reflectors in the 2018 range... More cost cutting from Audi!

Reactions: glospete and Audi Bairn
Sort of answering my own question here, so having checked on the configurator it seems that what used to be red door lights in the 2017 models are now reflectors in the 2018 range... More cost cutting from Audi!
Cost Cutting For Sure !
I Have Reflectors !

I have reflectors......Audi Beam on the ground, plastic reflectors on the door edge :blink:

Also noticed no battery cover on the saloon,wonder what else is missing due to cost cutting ?

Reactions: Jassyo06
MY2018 with reflectors and no Audi beam on the ground...

Further confirmation, I guess all MY2018 have no red door lights, but reflectors.
Audi beam on the ground only if you have LED pack.

Further confirmation, I guess all MY2018 have no red door lights, but reflectors.

Are you talking about Matrix LED? Or is there some kind og LED pack you can order in UK?

I don't even have courtesy lights under the doors. My old 8P from 2004 had that and glowing red light on the door. Jesus Audi...

This would infuriate me. I’m annoyed reading this and don’t have a MY2018 car!

Year after year Audi keep changing spec’s - it’s annoying for customers.

The rear facing door lights are a great feature and far better than reflectors. They should be standard on a £40K Car!

Reactions: Rob2k68, Broonie22 and Audi Bairn
This would infuriate me. I’m annoyed reading this and don’t have a MY2018 car!

Year after year Audi keep changing spec’s - it’s annoying for customers.

The rear facing door lights are a great feature and far better than reflectors. They should be standard on a £40K Car!

Agreed, it seems a bit of a backwards step! I'm sure we all appreciate they have to make money but it shouldn't be made by taking features away that previous MY cars had!

I wondered if it was difference between a three door and Sportback\saloon but doesn't look like it. My new 3 door s3 collected last week has Audi beam and red reflectors. My 2014 s line Sportback had red lights and cost a lot less than the s3!

VW have done this on the door warning lights (just retrofitted them on mine) and no lid on the battery cover but have to say I’m a bit surprised to read that Audi have also followed suit.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and T-800
MY2018 with reflectors and no Audi beam on the ground...

Yep the brochure is clear - the LED Interior Lighting Pack (which is standard on S-Line upwards) shows active door reflectors on the original FL and passive door reflectors on the MY18. A frankly pathetic cost-cutting measure.

@Lehn Audi Beam is clearly stated as a standard feature of the S3 - if you don't have it, take it back to the dealer and demand it's added.

Reactions: AL_B and Rob2k68
Audi increased the price of all there cars twice this year,l think the S3 increased by nearly a £1000 from March till now.....*** guys Dieselgate has taken it toll,as for door lights l think its a bit overkill even without the red lights....got a light in my door handle...l open the door the there's one the sill and one on the deck....*** how many lights do you want on a door

Reactions: AL_B, Rob2k68 and T-800
Audi increased the price of all there cars twice this year,l think the S3 increased by nearly a £1000 from March till now.....*** guys Dieselgate has taken it toll,as for door lights l think its a bit overkill even without the red lights....got a light in my door handle...l open the door the there's one the sill and one on the deck....*** how many lights do you want on a door

Be happy with something like this…

christmas-light-truck.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Be happy with something like this…

christmas-light-truck.jpg

I believe that's an option for the Russian market called the "maybe the muppets will see me coming now pack"

Reactions: Jassyo06, Rob2k68 and Tom.H
Yiv started this Xmas Coca.cola holidays are.... Coming.... gash already have ye..... ***....

lol nah not that festive yet, tree is firmly still in the loft

Reactions: Audi Bairn, Jassyo06 and Rob2k68
I believe that's an option for the Russian market called the "maybe the muppets will see me coming now pack"

Now common guys, that’s just putin the boot in. I’ll get my coat - I was just russian to make a comment. Now I really will get my coat .....

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Reactions: Tom.H, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
@Lehn Audi Beam is clearly stated as a standard feature of the S3 - if you don't have it, take it back to the dealer and demand it's added.

I have the light due to the lighting pack but it doesn’t say Audi. Think that’s an extra in Denmark. I had to start from scratch when I checked the boxes, I even had to spec chrome window frames :stupid:

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Now common guys, that’s just putin the boot in. I’ll get my coat - I was just russian to make a comment. Now I really will get my coat .....

I've vlad enough of this patter............ I'm off to wash my tsar, eh I'm mean car :whistle2:

Reactions: Jassyo06, Tom.H and glospete
But remember to wear your wel ..lenin..ton boots.

Reactions: Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
MY 2018 A3 with reflectors, not bothered one bit.

Reactions: Jassyo06
I think this is a trend going forward for all models as my friend's MY2018 A5 only has reflectors as well.

They probably justify it in that it saves fuel and therefore will stop Global Warming!

Reactions: oli356 and Jassyo06