RS3 auto trader sales

• Thread starter Deleted member 117185
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 117185

the amount of rs3's on autotrader the past 2 weeks has literally doubled from 55 or so to 110! Guessing this is because people are starting to take delivery of their facelifts? Or would it be because they're starting to run out of warranty? Or are leases coming to an end (do people lease rs3's?) or a combination of the above? Can see decent spec ones are still around the 36k+ mark, with a few lower specced ones around 33-35k.

Just out of curiosity, what are rs3's like to own outside of warranty period? I'd love an rs3 but I don't think it's going to happen for a good 2 years or so, and I'd try get my hands on a pre facelift 2016/66 plate model, unless facelifts drop significantly in price!

I've enquired about a few on trader and so many of them seem to be 3+ owners! Why is this? It doesn't really bother me personally, but when I tried to sell my old Leon Cupra, it had SEAT, previous owner, myself and a lot of people were apprehensive about being the 4th owner on a 2 year old car. Why does it bother people?

Thoughts?

I noticed this also, however values seem to be holding up. My guess would be people swapping over to a FL. You also have the early cars quickly coming to the end of the warranty period. I'm biased but reckon values will continue to remain solid. Washed my PFL today after criticism from @AudiNutta and it looks brilliant, no way inferior to a FL and sounds even better, so I'll be keeping hold of mine.

I noticed this also, however values seem to be holding up. My guess would be people swapping over to a FL. You also have the early cars quickly coming to the end of the warranty period. I'm biased but reckon values will continue to remain solid. Washed my PFL today after criticism from @AudiNutta and it looks brilliant, no way inferior to a FL and sounds even better, so I'll be keeping hold of mine.

When I was looking last year there were around 80-100 RS3' on the Approved site around that time. It plummeted in 2017 to 40, a month or so ago there was an all time low of 25 ish and that's 8V and 8P. They are creeping back up to 50 now, I assumed it was people changing to the FL because they are only filtering through after the 1st September.

There really aren't many of these cars and I don't think I'd buy one off of eBay/Auto Trader at all, it's a car you're worth paying the main dealer premium for.

One owner here and likely to keep it for 4-5 years.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

Reactions: RGBARGEE, Ozmosis and Radman
I've enquired about a few on trader and so many of them seem to be 3+ owners! Why is this? It doesn't really bother me personally, but when I tried to sell my old Leon Cupra, it had SEAT, previous owner, myself and a lot of people were apprehensive about being the 4th owner on a 2 year old car. Why does it bother people?

Thoughts?

Historically, a multi owned vehicle was frowned upon as it would suggest it could be a dodgy motor, one that was trouble some and hence gotten rid of asap. Also vehicles that somebody has only had for a short while as a stop gap vehicle say, tended not to be looked after with any great care or affection as the owners were going to drop it soon so don't bother looking after it.

Imho they may change hands quickly as whilst the "youngsters" can perhaps afford the initial monthly payments it's also the fuel, servicing and consumables that quickly add up ...

Flame suit on!

TX.

Imho they may change hands quickly as whilst the "youngsters" can perhaps afford the initial monthly payments it's also the fuel, servicing and consumables that quickly add up ...

Flame suit on!

TX.
Maybe. But I wouldn't say an RS3 is overly expensive to run. Fuel economy can easily get into the 30's on a run, insurance is cheap and servicing while not cheap isn't a bank buster.

Reactions: RGBARGEE

Flame suit on!

TX.

Oooooh TX, I hope I'm not one of these? ;) ;)

Not much difference between S/RS maintenance? Brakes are double, front tyres are more and inevitably the fuel. But I allow £250 a month fuel and I do perhaps 600-800 miles.. now I'm not using it for work. When I used it for work £250 would be enough for 1200 miles a month.

You're younger than most AN ;)

TX.

Mine is in for a major service (oil change + "inspection”) + plugs today, have a guess how much ;)

TX.

At a main dealer I assume? I reckon £500!

This is a major plus plugs though.

TX.

@terminator x - I'll guess £750'ish

I enquired about an oil service on my RS Q3 from three Audi establishments fairly local to me, the quotes were £309, £266 & £206 - so it pays to shop around :)

Reactions: Radman
Ha ha they are at Audi ;) £728.

TX.

Morning gents, that's a total ripoff ain't it, but it's got to be done to keep it in warranty and to the Audi standard I guess.
Still steep though.

Mine is in for a major service (oil change + "inspection”) + plugs today, have a guess how much ;)

TX.

Ooh, plugs is the killer ;) Inspection (major) at my dealer on annual is £250, £350 on longlife and I'd say another £250 for plugs?

To make you feel better, the last Service on Ben came to £7450 ...
That was essentials and advisories - we did the essentials only at £1.9K, got another 2K done under the warranty we got from the trader (yippee!) and the rest can FO to another time.

To make you feel better, the last Service on Ben came to £7450 ...
That was essentials and advisories - we did the essentials only at £1.9K, got another 2K done under the warranty we got from the trader (yippee!) and the rest can FO to another time.

How the hell?..

How much was yours then TX?

Also, what Audi did you drive that car at? Audi UK are trying to find me a demo to test drive within a few hours so I can travel tomorrow.
As above, £728.

I'm guessing Ben the Bentley ;)

TX.
Yeah. 4th from bottom in the Top Gear reliability list :(
We didn't know that. Reliable engine but the electrics and little bits are pretty fragile.
I love it BUT have mentioned to the missus that it might be wiser to trade it in for an S Class cab.

As above, £728.

Thanks for pointing that out, I didn't realise how many posts had gone on above. I had started to type a reply, then my boss came around the corner so I locked my phone and came back a while later and didn't think to refresh :tearsofjoy:

Anybody out there got a service package from Audi?

They don't offer them free with S or RS products, you can pay for them but it has to be before collection.

I wasn't meaning for free, I just wondered if folk had been offered a service package and if it worked out cheaper to do that if you were keeping the car for a few years against paying for indiviual services as and when required.

I wasn't meaning for free, I just wondered if folk had been offered a service package and if it worked out cheaper to do that if you were keeping the car for a few years against paying for indiviual services as and when required.

Just thought I'd cover all bases in one reply :p Anything less superior than the S/RS range gets 2 years free servicing when you use VWFS!

I enquired and got told for a plan on a car less than 3 years old, you have to buy when new.

A major service is a rip off, all it is is a minor service with an air filter and spark plugs added on top. £350-£400 for it. Even that's steep.

A service pack looks great if you know you will keep the car.
Even if you don't it can be passed on to the new owner so helps with resale.