RNS-E HELP.

GeForce>XI<

Reaction score
Hi guys am looking to fit the sat nav bluetooth along with multifunction steering wheel.

I got my eye on a rns stereo unit just wondering if anyone done it before and what I would need.
I have vcds hex2.

Also I have just bought armrest that didn't come with the plastic side piece that covers the metal any idea where to buy from ?.

It's for audi a3 5 door 57 reg.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

when you take your old one out check see if it has a quad lock if so its just a plug n play . if you buy a GPS antenna you can remove the glove box and place the GPS on the top off it or behind it . you will need to move pin number 5 in the blue block and put it in pin 7 on the blue block ( blue block is inside quadlock slips out , to remove pins best use a sim card pin like for iphone ) then once thats all done use the Vcd's to code it , if you have a build in aux and want to connect to ur rnse . you will need a 32pin connector ( ebay ) . there are post on how to do that job just pop Aux on the search facility on here

Reactions: GeForce>XI<
when you take your old one out check see if it has a quad lock if so its just a plug n play . if you buy a GPS antenna you can remove the glove box and place the GPS on the top off it or behind it . you will need to move pin number 5 in the blue block and put it in pin 7 on the blue block ( blue block is inside quadlock slips out , to remove pins best use a sim card pin like for iphone ) then once thats all done use the Vcd's to code it , if you have a build in aux and want to connect to ur rnse . you will need a 32pin connector ( ebay ) . there are post on how to do that job just pop Aux on the search facility on here
Okies thanks for that

I found when i did mine i couldn't get a good lock onto gps satellites with the antenna on top of the glovebox so i moved it to the centre of underside of the dash above the rnse unit. found it to be 100% better.

When I retrofitted mine, there is a little pocket between the centre vents, it's above where he RNS-E fits in (you can feel the hole up there) so the underside of the dash as per @Matt268uk - I double-sided taped my GPS unit up in here. Never had an issue with reception and consistently had 6 or more satellites.

My GPS aerial is stuck magnetically on the bracket at the bottom of the passenger side A-pillar. After a few miles drive it works perfectly and receives 7+ satellites

Guess I will have to just place in different places once I pick the unit up.

Hi what does pin 5 and 7 do ?

Hi what does pin 5 and 7 do ?

Hi so swap 5 and 7 you mean ?
b33c906fd0a75b89356c8d638e154d95.jpg

What is it you're trying to do specifically, is it fitting the AUX plug or setting up the Bluetooth?

What model RNS-E did you get, is it the one with the Media button or the DVD/CD button?

For Bluetooth retrofit this may help: http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/threads/rns-e-bluetooth-module-installation.162068/

For Aux retrofit, assuming you have the 32pin AV Connector 1J0 972977 G (thegreyplug) this is the guide that helped me out: http://audiretrofit.quinlivan.net/rnseauxin

Hope this helps
I started the post and was told I would have to change 2 pins.
4ebfee862e53e32eb4809edd4ce770db.jpg

if you have full Bose and the number 7 pin is free in the blue block ( look at the front off blue block you will see in the 4 corners there is numbers 1to 6 and 7 to 12 ) .Now if you have a brown wire in blue block and it is not already in num 7 put it there usually the brown wire is in number 5 pin. easy way to count the numbers is find one and count along to 6 and then 7 to 12 . mind the little black insert comes out off blue block and when you take it out keep it the way you took it out and put it side to side with blue block and bingo you will understand the pin numbers hope tbis explains the 5 pin to 7 pin. your quadlock arrangement is totally different from the 1 i had in my 57 plate s3 and my 59 plate s3 .

if you have full Bose and the number 7 pin is free in the blue block ( look at the front off blue block you will see in the 4 corners there is numbers 1to 6 and 7 to 12 ) .Now if you have a brown wire in blue block and it is not already in num 7 put it there usually the brown wire is in number 5 pin. easy way to count the numbers is find one and count along to 6 and then 7 to 12 . mind the little black insert comes out off blue block and when you take it out keep it the way you took it out and put it side to side with blue block and bingo you will understand the pin numbers hope tbis explains the 5 pin to 7 pin. your quadlock arrangement is totally different from the 1 i had in my 57 plate s3 and my 59 plate s3 .
Hi I took a pic of it bit I think it was wrong what I took.
But however mine is a concert does it still matter ?

kinda bit lost with what your saying as the pic you posted is a rnse mk2 and the wire diagram shows the brown bose wire pin 7 . but i am guessing you have a concert stereo in your car is that what your saying

I have fitted stereo was plug n play.

excellent . Did you have to move pin 5 into pin7 so your bose worked . Now if you want your Aux to work do a search on here for ( Aux ) and you will find what wires to move for that to work

So guys thanks for help.
Need a sat nav dvd any ideas where to buy.

Also I can't get the external source working.
I have done the coding and nothing.
This is the coding that was in 0209727.
It was setup for telephone and c.f. changer I have redone coding for that but still no joy.

Sorted mate thanks cheers buddy.