Battery drain/ fuse locations

Andyb5tdi

B5 1.9TDi AFN
Reaction score
The car is sat with the engine in pieces atm and was fine like that for a week or so, and then all of a sudden the battery drained, so I put the battery on charge, on the car, but disconnected from the car, and after fully Charing the battery, I reconnected it to the car, but with in an hour or so the alarm was going off again. To say the neighbours were impressed was an understatement :tearsofjoy:

Any way, today I took the battery off, charged it and put it on the B5, and it's been fine starting it while running about all day, and the charged battery off of the B5 I put on the B6 and measured the current drain. It's between 2-3 amps, which seems quite a lot to me.

So how to track the fault? I'm thinking locate the fuse box and while someone is keeping an eye on the multi meter, remove one fuse at a time and see which circuit is draining it so quickly.

Any thoughts or/ input much appreciated

Sounds like a good plan, although I would set it up so I could see the meter as I pulled each fuse directly while in the drivers’ seat.
:blackrs4:

Hi Roland, I did do that and wrote it down on a piece of paper, that was a few months ago and low and behold I've lost the piece of paper without posting up my findings lol .when it warms up again I'll have another look but I need to find where the alarm sounder is and disconnect it as the neighbour was less than impressed when it wouldn't stop lol .

Wondering why a car with the engine in pieces would have the battery connected? Is this the BEX Quattro? Alarm sounder should be next to the battery.

Well let's not forget that they won't actually know it has half an engine until they've broken in and tried starting it lol

Reactions: Roland Wong