Annoying noise in boot - coilover and wheel question

jay sims

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Hi guys,
Got myself an allroad 2010 and very happy with it , however I have a rattle on the NSR in the boot. Removed the parcel shelf/ dog guard and dvd panel and still there. Any ideas?

Also, ordered some BC coilovers and going for the slammed look but want to know if 20" are going to be too big for the touring car look. Please let me know.

Thanks

Although mines not an allroad I'm lowered about 55mm on coilovers with 9x20's with 245/30/20. I've seen some allroads running 21's so 20's will be fine.

IMG 3418

IMG 3419

Reactions: DieselJake and gary_a4_quattro
Hi guys,
Got myself an allroad 2010 and very happy with it , however I have a rattle on the NSR in the boot. Removed the parcel shelf/ dog guard and dvd panel and still there. Any ideas?

Also, ordered some BC coilovers and going for the slammed look but want to know if 20" are going to be too big for the touring car look. Please let me know.

Thanks
I had this and turned out to be rear shock mount loose .... just a idea ?

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi, replace complete suspension to coilovers and it's still there.... it sounds more interior than say exhaust.

Reactions: dubcool.pc
Hi, replace complete suspension to coilovers and it's still there.... it sounds more interior than say exhaust.
I think it's time for someone to lay in the boot and see if they can find the noise ... that's what I had to do lol

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

My rattle was one of the side compartment covers coming loose. I packed out the joint with some black felt and seems to have solved the issue

Good idea, I'll do that and report back. Thanks