How to source new Front Wings for my 2001 8L S3 (Nogaro)

Stuart B

Reaction score
Does anyone actually sell these for the 8L S3? There are some companies selling pre-painted ones but only for the A3?

My colleague at work replaced both front wings for £250 on his 2005 VW Passat pre-painted unbuffed - it took him about 5 hours to fit them both

my local garage estimated 350 for one side part fitment and painted which is a little too high.

I am tempted by sticking on plastic trim covers as I think it might even be an MOT failure due to a small piece breaking off now?

I haven't posted in the wanted yet as I wouldn't mind finding if new ones can be sourced first.

Thanks

Arrh Perfect Thanks.. I never knew Somerset had electricity, let alone internet. live and learn. I could probably rattle can them "bluish" ?

by the way I still feel guilty for never collecting your turbo casing - I feel like I have let you down! I am willing to pay extra for postage to Bedfordshire? if anything to get the monkey off my back - I spent this weekend changing the exhaust on my son's girlfriends civic (probably to save them a tenner ?!) and the garden is overgrowing - I look outside and every day our garden looks smaller as the undergrowth edges closer to the back door :D even our cat is unsure of what creatures may lurk in the grass and know weed.

I now have my son's 1996 fiesta on the drive to "look after" whilst he decides if he wants our '07 Clio and I have been asked to top the 30ft tree in our front garden along with the bushes - which means I need to burn the cuttings which means I need to clear the back garden to make the fire - why cant the fire just take the whole house? - shortcut

to top it off the charging port doesn't work properly on my wife's phone but she doesn't want it to be repaired / replaced on gadget insurance yet as the phone needs to be reset etc etc before sent off. but I want to cancel the insurance as na .... ... .

:)

Last edited:
No worries about the turbo mate,it's stored in a spare bedroom,I tuck it into bed every night and read it a story about how one day it will find it's 'Forever Home'.

I'm happy for it to stay there until needed,so don't feel bad about it.You seem to have other more important things to sort first and I may even fancy a trip to Bedfordshire in the coming weeks/months if I can trust my car.MOT time for me next month so fingers crossed all round.

You seem to have a good stock of cars there,might be worth me seeing if I could get a px on my S3!

£275 each the last time I enquired which would of be 18months ago... And that was with my discount at Audi.

Managed to source a mint set of wings instead (no rust) for £120

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Unfortunately no one makes copied wings for the S3 so it's either Audi or TPS

Sent from my F5121 using Tapatalk

Thanks I might just get some wrong colour ones for the moment - so the £350 from the body shop sounds reasonable - they do seem to be about £60 second hand and my passenger side only has a little rust at the bottom its the driver's side which is the problem - this has got really bad since the washer bottle has leaked. it was only one tiny bubble when I bought the ca, next doors mark iv golf is exactly the same (but both sides)

has anyone tried the clip on wheel arch trim - a temp. measure just to get it through the MOT whilst trying to source some as I reckon they'll say it's jagged - I think some people chuck gaffer tape on them to get passed.

No worries about the turbo mate,it's stored in a spare bedroom,I tuck it into bed every night and read it a story about how one day it will find it's 'Forever Home'.

I'm happy for it to stay there until needed,so don't feel bad about it.You seem to have other more important things to sort first and I may even fancy a trip to Bedfordshire in the coming weeks/months if I can trust my car.MOT time for me next month so fingers crossed all round.

You seem to have a good stock of cars there,might be worth me seeing if I could get a px on my S3!

lol - no we will only have the crap Mazda 3 (maybe the worst fuel consumption car I have owned doesn't matter how its driven its never better than 26mpg) I am giving the Clio to my eldest and will shift his old fiesta £45? (I might drive it into work next week for a laugh actually) These cars are not all at my house only my youngest lives here still. it does have the Michael Carrol feel about the Garden :)

Reactions: S3JACKSON
Thanks tcg you're a star. I wonder if I should just buy all the parts - there must be something seriously wrong with it - or they have incredibly high standards.

yeah - £100 each though - so meh i'll see if it passes the MOT first.

how's your money pit doing?

isn't money funny? I put in £50 of petrol to go to work a few times a week and am cooking a roast leg of lamb which was £25 for a lunch. after spending £60 on a few veg and a DVD.