how to remove front wings

Kave

Reaction score
Need to replace a wing, haynes is useless, they just bolted on or anything fancy like spot welds?

Piece of cake mate , all bolts, nothing too technical but the bolts at the rear where they join the sills can be tricky, need to clean off the dirt and stonechip coating, also easier if you take the wheel off !!

You have to remove a fair bit to get the wings off, it is not that straight forward. Not sure what car you have but for the s3 it is roughly the following:

You need to take the sideskirt off so you will need to pop off the plastic cover on the sill to get to the bolts underneath. Undo all these and also roughly a further 8 underneath the car and a couple on the inside of the wheel arch at the bottom. You can then slide it off. Take the wheel off. Remove or pull back the plastic arch lining inside as you need to remove another plastic cover on the inside of the arch where two further bolts are located. The plastic mounting trim which holds the sideskirt in place will need removing too, 3 bolts from memory but is pretty obvious. At this point I expect you will have already removed the front bumper as you need to remove the plastic mounting on the wing which holds the bumper in place as there are two bolts underneath that. You should then have the following bolts holding on the arch- 2 on the inside of the arch, 2/3 at the bottom behind where the skirt was, 2 where the bumper mount was and then I think a further 4 or 5 along the top underneath the bonnet. From memory i think that is it but that should help. PM if you need any help with it.

Andy