Facelift Autoexpress RS3 Review Published 9/8/2017

Great review and audi have really pulled this off! One big thing is the lighter engine and they say this turns in really well with no understeer. That will keep all the Magazines quiet who all moaned about the old one.
The only thing they are moaning about now is price but everything else seems to be 5 stars!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great review and audi have really pulled this off! One big thing is the lighter engine and they say this turns in really well with no understeer. That will keep all the Magazines quiet who all moaned about the old one.
The only thing they are moaning about now is price but everything else seems to be 5 stars!

I'm out at the moment and have my girlfriend on my back, but can't wait to read them! Price will always be a downside with the cars they compare it to. I sat in a Focus RS a couple of weeks ago, it felt awful.. I like Ford, but the feel is that of a £15k car.

Ford put a £15k premium on their Focus, that's all Audi have done with the RS3... it's in a different price bracket because it's in a different league of build quality.

Reactions: 45bvtc and RVP20
Wow I wasn't aware that audi had also worked on the gearbox / clutch.
So lighter engine, more power, improved gearbox plus all the other bits. Bring it on!!!

..........and goodbye to all that understeer. Well done audi, I'm liking these two reviews so far.

Damn my Golf R lease! Anyone want to take over a 300 per month lease on a Golf R until Feb 2019 so I can buy one of these???

Reactions: AudiNutta
Well after deciphering through that Autocar review which was mostly jumbled rubbish, how does an Emoji come into a car review?! They don't seem to think all that much of it, more negative than good but it is as expected and the way it always has been.

These car reviewers always seem to favour the better value cars, which is unfair. They should be reviewing them based on how they drive, forget the price.

The Auto Express review however, was decent... looking forward to driving one now.

I must admit I had to read the Autocar review twice, as it was not easy to understand, but my conclusion was he was impressed.

The auto express is the clearest one to understand and a great review!

I like the autocar review.....my takeaway is that maybe sticking with the standard non magride is best; otherwise you get super comfy in "comfort" or super crashy (possibly bouncy :scared2:) in "dynamic"....also sounds like steering feel is same as S3 which I'm ok with as long as its less understeery.
Looking forward to test drive of magride car coming later this year.....

The autoexpress review really doesn't say much beyond anything I have already read/seen in Audi blurb so far.

I agreed 100%. That Autocar "review" was extremely difficult to digest. I am so glad that I did not read it twice.
Was it generated by a bot?

I must admit I had to read the Autocar review twice, as it was not easy to understand, but my conclusion was he was impressed.

Reactions: 45bvtc and AudiNutta
Reactions: 45bvtc and AudiNutta
What the hell is this idiot babbling on about. Terrible review, the the whole point of a review is the average person can understand what you have written. This idiot seems to have found and swallowed the Oxford dictionary.

Yes I totally agree, I wonder if we can leave feedback for these reviews?.. because it's a load of toss! When I'm back from my break and have more reliable internet, I might have a look how to complain.

Reactions: 45bvtc
Just spotted a PFL parked up at the pub near where we are staying, few minutes later heard the unmistakable noise of the start up crackle! As he passed us on the sea-front he clocked me recording him, then a short distance later downshifted to make some pops... wow. Can't wait!

Reactions: Joe4842, RVP20, Radman and 1 other person
What the hell is this idiot babbling on about. Terrible review, the the whole point of a review is the average person can understand what you have written. This idiot seems to have found and swallowed the Oxford dictionary.
Yes I totally agree, I wonder if we can leave feedback for these reviews?.. because it's a load of toss! When I'm back from my break and have more reliable internet, I might have a look how to complain.

But it's scripted by Nic Cackett. What do you expect other than babble and ***** - I'm an Autocar subscribe so read most of his diatribe on a regular basis and have written to him directly (without reply) to compliment him on his rubbish reporting of many a respectable piece of machinery. These guys are paid to write about cars they are paid to drive/review and NOT about cars they are prepared to purchase and fund themselves; there is a difference; says a very contented 6-year plus owning Audi 8P RS3 driver who - unless the new one has much better day-to-day road-going abilities - will not be changing his for anything else just yet... :superman:

Doing way more daily miles in a supercharged/turbocharged 7-speed DSG Audi A1 anyway - but the RS3 is sooooo much more, sooooooooo much more... :yes:

Last edited:
Reactions: Scottyg and AudiNutta
@45bvtc - Your new avatar is very "cheeky" :wink new:

Reactions: Pinky1959, AudiNutta and 45bvtc
Well after deciphering through that Autocar review which was mostly jumbled rubbish, how does an Emoji come into a car review?! They don't seem to think all that much of it, more negative than good but it is as expected and the way it always has been.

These car reviewers always seem to favour the better value cars, which is unfair. They should be reviewing them based on how they drive, forget the price.

The Auto Express review however, was decent... looking forward to driving one now.

Yes agreed, that Autocar review what a twxx of a reviewer - why can't he talk normal laymans English ! instead of sprouting a load of long winded words to try and sound like he knows what he is talking about !! TWXT

Reactions: AudiNutta and 45bvtc
What the hell is wrong with you all? It's hardly unfathomable and it lends a little bit of style and colour to what would otherwise be yet another dull car review. Which long winded words are you referring to?

The first of the vloggers reviews has just been uploaded from Seen Through Glass, some good shots of the cars and a very positive review.

What the hell is wrong with you all? It's hardly unfathomable and it lends a little bit of style and colour to what would otherwise be yet another dull car review. Which long winded words are you referring to?

Quote 'Setting aside its exuberant graphical detail - which inevitably and intentionally garnered mild controversy - the film is ultimately contemptible....' and it goes on and on.

What a load of tosh !!

The first of the vloggers reviews has just been uploaded from Seen Through Glass, some good shots of the cars and a very positive review.
"Lack of emotion" lol'ing at that. He'd rather have a M2 as well, hopefully others do that too so we "in the know" stay there.

TX.

Sent from my STV100-4 using Tapatalk

I have probably had more "M" cars than any other performance car over the years and even though I have never driven an RS3 of any vintage I would still rather have the latest Rs 3 than the M2. I think the mistake a lot of the reviewers make when comparing cars is not what the ultimate handling is like on a track, as rear wheel drive is always going to win, is what it's like for 99% of the time in normal road conditions. If it's your intention to track your car regularly I would be surprised if anyone would choose any RS, as they are just so capable. I would also be surprised if anyone chose an M2 as the brakes are simply not up to the job.

What a bunch of hooray Henry tossers in that video review.........

Quote 'Setting aside its exuberant graphical detail - which inevitably and intentionally garnered mild controversy - the film is ultimately contemptible....' and it goes on and on.
I really see no problem there. Is it a particular word, or sentence? Or is it the nature of the point it's making? These are all words any adult reading a car review should be immediately familiar with surely?

I really see no problem there. Is it a particular word, or sentence? Or is it the nature of the point it's making? These are all words any adult reading a car review should be immediately familiar with surely?
I think the real problem people have is that he wasn't completely 100% complimentary about the RS3!

Yes, same old problem with all car fans to be honest.
If the review is good then it's a fantastic site/mag/whatever. If it's not then it's all BS Anti Audi (Or whoever).

Not just an Audi problem though.

the other guy is Archie Hamilton I think and he drives an r8 v10 and a45. He is considering replacement the a45 for the rs3. Check You tube for his vid. He loves it

it's called unnecessary words and trying to sound clever and a total tool

Hi Nick, maybe you should learn the art of simple English.

Leave others to have their own view; them that have an RS3 and enjoy it for what it is in ALL weathers already know its true value... :superman:

Hi Nick, maybe you should learn the art of simple English.
?!

I meant the sentence that was presented as an example: "Setting aside its exuberant graphical detail - which inevitably and intentionally garnered mild controversy - the film is ultimately contemptible....". How would people rather this was written?

Reactions: RS-jay and AudiNutta
Audi have invited me to a track day next month when I drive the new RS3 and TTRS (and R8..). I'll make my mind up then. I think I'm tending to the TTRS but depends on any difference in handling to the RS3.
I'm also wondering whether to go for the TTRS instead. I notice it's on the configurator but thought production had stopped. Can anyone shed any light on this...is it available to order?