Brembo GT kit on an S3?

simch

Reaction score
Does the GT kit fit with BBS CHs. looking for some 8.5j 18 ET 30's? I think it should fit withotu spacers, but if I went for the 8x18 ET 35, I reckon it may not fit behind the wheel?
Anyone running these either of these wheels and Brembo GT kit able to confirm?
Mines an 03 S3, if it makes a difference, (do not think so).

ive got the brembo kit but not the wheels, chris S3 has got even bigger brakes, the porcshe ones with those wheels i beleive!

Booth_S3 said:
ive got the brembo kit but not the wheels, chris S3 has got even bigger brakes, the porcshe ones with those wheels i beleive!

Sorry to hijack this post.... Booth_S3 did you fit yourself, got my kit in the garage waiting to be fitted, thought of doing it myself, was wondering if there is anything that I should watch out for?

TIA

simch said:
Does the GT kit fit with BBS CHs. looking for some 8.5j 18 ET 30's? I think it should fit withotu spacers, but if I went for the 8x18 ET 35, I reckon it may not fit behind the wheel?
Anyone running these either of these wheels and Brembo GT kit able to confirm?
Mines an 03 S3, if it makes a difference, (do not think so).

It's not so much the wheel size but the spoke design that you have to look out for. I run 8.5 x18" et 30 and still need spacers to clear the calipers. It's also dependant on the disc hats and caliper carriers. You may find you need 5-10mm spacers at the front. I need 16mm spacers with my 8x18 et35 RS4 reps.

S3_MCD said:
Sorry to hijack this post.... Booth_S3 did you fit yourself, got my kit in the garage waiting to be fitted, thought of doing it myself, was wondering if there is anything that I should watch out for?

TIA

Nah mate i didnt, they came on the car when i bought it!

I changed the discs not long ago so had to take the calipers off for that, was easy enough tbh. cant see it being much harder to change the calipers at the same time!

Booth_S3 said:
Nah mate i didnt, they came on the car when i bought it!

I changed the discs not long ago so had to take the calipers off for that, was easy enough tbh. cant see it being much harder to change the calipers at the same time!

cheers :)

S3_MCD said:
got my kit in the garage waiting to be fitted, thought of doing it myself, was wondering if there is anything that I should watch out for?

TIA

....yeah, calipers hitting the wheels.....!! hahahaha!

I know the porker ones are real deep and can catch, its just I thought the CH and Brembo gt combo may be more common and someone would know.

Thing is, if I need say 5 mil spacers with et 30 8.5 Js, I'd reather run proper hubcentrics with say a 15 mil on an 8j wheel.....better spacer, 100quid cheaper a set of wheels too!!
So anyone fitted GTs to CH's?

Don't forget to include the extra cost of the thicker spacers, long wheel bolts and longer locking wheel nuts.

Some kits are fine, depends largely on the hats and caliper carriers as the dictate where the calipers and discs sit in relation to the wheel.

If I were to do it all again, I'd probably go for 8x18" et 33's

See, if you dont have the wheels ready and spacers, and try to fit the kit, I suspect some have them stoog on blocks for the weekend while they go spacer shoppin!!

I suppose I could try the disc dummy bolted to a wheel off the car and stick some pads int he caliper and hang it over the disc??

Cannot believe more popel have not got Brembo GTs on CHs...!! At least I may be unique when I do it!!

Maybe I'll try TT forum, sure I've seen CHs on there.

Simch, if you plan to run 8.5" wide wheels, I would recommend you go for ET30 off set, as it may catch the inner arches at the front on full lock with ET35.

Yup, the 8.5s are only available in et30, the et 35 is an 8j.
Jsut hoping the extra 5 mil offset will clear the calipers..!?!

I don't see why not, the spokes are pretty much at the edges of the rim, maybe see if anyone has a set of CH's fitted onto their Leon Cupra R, which has the Brembo's as standard.

Now i read that.
I have the same question and i answer with pm chris.
Now i have the brembo gt kit with the 8x18 bbs rc (no spacers) and i sell them for the ch 8,5x19.
Will they fit with the brembos (not ecs brakes) without spacers because now between spokes and caliper 2-3mm free space.
I dont want to use spacers at all.

I have brembos on my S3, the standard 17" fitted fine but to fit my new RSTT's i needed spacers as the caliper hit the spokes so you couldnt put the wheels on

does brembos really make a big difference? looking at getting some, what would you guys reccomend the gt kit? liked the look of the rs4 ones!

i've just got myself a Brembo GT Kit, going to fit it on the weekend, so will post up some pics of how to go about fitting if it anyone wants?

jonS3 said:
i've just got myself a Brembo GT Kit, going to fit it on the weekend, so will post up some pics of how to go about fitting if it anyone wants?

That would be great Jon, if you could take some measurements as well that would be very handy!
Measurements like, overall thickness of the caliper, distance from fixed points etc...

jonS3 said:

....defo, my kits been in the garage for about 4 weeks, general illness has held me back fitting it. Anything to make mines easier and quicker - much appreciated :)

S3_MCD said:
....defo, my kits been in the garage for about 4 weeks, general illness has held me back fitting it. Anything to make mines easier and quicker - much appreciated :)

..........sounds like the "man flu" ....!! :)

I love mine......

DSC00002.JPG

DSC00004.JPG

DSC00008.JPG

DSC00017.JPG

DSC00018.JPG

just to bring this post up as it hasnt really answered the question.

with the standard Brembo GT kit, what size spacer if at all do you need if fitting the BBS 18" CH 8.5J ET30?

cheers

i'm still looking for an answer to the above question, anyone?

Might be worth asking clark from polished bliss, as hes got ChriS3's old CH's on his LCR which obviously has brembos.

well I can clear this up once and for all, 8.5j 18 ET 30 BBS CH certainly do fit over Brembo GT Kit's without the need for spacers!

there's about 6mm clearance

dscf0901nq6.jpg

You've got more wheels than you shake a stick at!! Did the OZ's sell in the end?

haha, yep i'd had a fair few sets. I sold the OZ's a few weeks ago ;)

here's a better pic with them fitted:

dscf0899cj8.jpg

jonS3 said:
well I can clear this up once and for all, 8.5j 18 ET 30 BBS CH certainly do fit over Brembo GT Kit's without the need for spacers!

there's about 6mm clearance

dscf0901nq6.jpg

I really want some brembo's for mine:thumbsup:

they certainly make a difference, plus they look cool :)

i didnt want to start a new thread for this question, so im just using this old one; Will the 8,5 18" et30 fit over the ecs stage 3 (porsche 993tt) brakes without spacers?

i didnt want to start a new thread for this question, so im just using this old one; Will the 8,5 18" et30 fit over the ecs stage 3 (porsche 993tt) brakes without spacers?

I think only peeps with GT Brembos will have a look to see if they can help as the title of the thread