Wrapped 'B' pillar

armstrong_21490

Reaction score
Well the paint on my driverside 'B' pillar was starting to go flaky and peel. I had some 3m carbon wrap lying around so I decided to see how hard it would be to cover them. Im glad to say it didn't take too long and wasn't too tricky. Here's a couple of pics
20170720 171709
20170720 171611
20170720 171651

I know it's not to everyone's taste but I'm happy with the results. :grinning::grinning:

Attachments

• 20170720_171709.jpg
    20170720_171709.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 620
Reactions: lea323ci, Pinky1959 and dantdi
Looks good, how did you strip off the original paint?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just what I need to do! My just starting peel where the door shut on it.
Looks good!

Nice! Like the interior to. Considering doing something like this with mine as my rear door triangle is gone in a corner and this will be easier and cheaper to do than replacing it all. Can I ask where you got the film from please?

Mine where mint until some idiot decided to rip one of mine so I'm about to do mine gloss black soon! Was it easy?

Got the mrs to do mine a few months ago as she does stuff like that at her shop. 3M stuff lasts for ages and very hard wearing

Reactions: Welshy
Got the mrs to do mine a few months ago as she does stuff like that at her shop. 3M stuff lasts for ages and very hard wearing

Presuming you got a heavy discount ;) Do you know roughly how much it would cost to get both B-Pillars wrapped in gloss black on a 3-door S3?

I would email Louise on sales@utopiasigns.com

Shes a bit stressed this week as staff are all away and if I ask it won't happen. But if you mention the forum you will get a discount

Reactions: Dannymoto and HHS3
How difficult are these to wrap yourself? I wrapped some interior bits on mine and have some carbon wrap left so might do the B pillars.

BUMP!!!

can anyone advise how to peel the rest of the paint of the peeling pillar?

I've got the wrap and tried it just over the top, but you can see the 'peel' underneath.?

Cheers !

BUMP!!!

can anyone advise how to peel the rest of the paint of the peeling pillar?

I've got the wrap and tried it just over the top, but you can see the 'peel' underneath.?

Cheers !

Unfortunately bad paint job underneath. Try a little bit of heat as it sometimes works

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk