Revo map

mattyboyc

B6 Veteran now Q5 owner
Reaction score
Hi all,
Since removing my tunit chip I have been thinking of a Revo stage 1 remap. The car has the Allard EGR delete and would have had the decat done by the time it goes for a map, I will also use a Revo panel filter, is this a good way to go as I have no experience with remaps.

Panel filters don't do anything in this application .

A regular generic file without the Revo price premium will be just as good .

Reactions: mattyboyc
Any recommendations? I was quoted £299 for a revo, is this too much? As I say never really researched remand.

Where are you located (vaguely)

My 1.8T BEX is Revo tuned. It was done around 80k and now sits at 140k with no running issues. If you can, scan the car before you go in -they don't much like flashing it if you're carrying HVAC module errors, particularly on higher mileage/age cars. Understandable; they don't want you coming back moaning at them if it starts running incorrectly because of broader issues away from the ECU.

Great map I wish I'd done it the day after I bought the car. I paid £249 I think though that was some years ago.

Actually an interesting point -does anyone know if it was my imagination, or did my car "de-tune" during the recent 32 degree weather? It wasn't limp mode, but it was noticeably less responsive -back to stock it felt like. Now we're back on good old Blighty temps; back to normal.

Reactions: Andyb5tdi
My 1.8T BEX is Revo tuned. It was done around 80k and now sits at 140k with no running issues. If you can, scan the car before you go in -they don't much like flashing it if you're carrying HVAC module errors, particularly on higher mileage/age cars. Understandable; they don't want you coming back moaning at them if it starts running incorrectly because of broader issues away from the ECU.

Great map I wish I'd done it the day after I bought the car. I paid £249 I think though that was some years ago.

Actually an interesting point -does anyone know if it was my imagination, or did my car "de-tune" during the recent 32 degree weather? It wasn't limp mode, but it was noticeably less responsive -back to stock it felt like. Now we're back on good old Blighty temps; back to normal.
As the temperatures increase performance drops due to inlet air temperature. Cold air is denser therefore you will get more fuel and air in the cylinders on a cold day than you would on a warm day.
Have you ever noticed how well it goes on a cold frosty morning compared to a warm summer's day?
Thats also why your car uses more fuel in the winter.

Sent from my SM-T210 using Tapatalk

Reactions: s3tby