Facelift CarPlay retrofit on FL

Rideen

Reaction score
So I bought a FL a few days ago and it seems I missed an option and did not get CarPlay / AndroidAuto nor USB connection. I only have AUX and SD card as connectivity.

Is there any way to retrofit USB and CarPlay to FL car?

Are you sure? Even the SE comes with "Audi Smartphone Interface" as standard in the 2017 model year.

Reactions: Don.wang
You can get the CarPlay menu displayed with VCDS, but would need to paid to get it activated with ODIS otherwise it won't function... Besides that of course you will need to retrofit either the dual USB socket under the armrest storage or the single socket next to the 12V socket at the front... Total cost about $400

So I bought a FL a few days ago and it seems I missed an option and did not get CarPlay / AndroidAuto nor USB connection. I only have AUX and SD card as connectivity.

Don't mean to be a **** but you have checked in the armrest for the USB socket haven't you?

Where abouts in the world are you based?

Like the others said its the smartphone connection which is separate and not under media.

And you need to connect it to USB in the armrest.

Depending on the market / country and "spec" line of the vehicle, SE for example, Audi Smart Phone Interface is a paid option. UK its standard on all models.

Incase you are non UK based it's all possible as UK dealers now have this

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282548593200

Edit: ignore me as it's not for the A3 for some reason...
Audi Smartphone Interface is a standard A3 factory feature in there UK, hence why its not listed. A retrofit pack will only be available special order here as its not needed but will be available as a Software Version Management Retrofit Kit everywhere else pretty much.

Audi Smartphone Interface is a standard A3 factory feature in there UK, hence why its not listed. A retrofit pack will only be available special order here as its not needed but will be available as a Software Version Management Retrofit Kit everywhere else pretty much.

Ha of course :doh:

Did a little research. not sure on costs but retrofitting USB is possible. Its also possible, outside of the UK, to buy an Audi Smartphone Interface activation pack / licence which is similar to the VW App Connect, SEAT Full Link and Skoda Smart Link / Mirror Link activation packs. Licence needs to be activated via a dealership or authorised 3rd party.

Thanks for all the answers guys!

I live in South Eastern Europe, in Bosnia and Herzegovina and Audi Smartphone Interface seems to be an option as I do not have USB inputs (only AUX, SD card, CD/DVD and Bluetooth).

Did a little research. not sure on costs but retrofitting USB is possible. Its also possible, outside of the UK, to buy an Audi Smartphone Interface activation pack / licence which is similar to the VW App Connect, SEAT Full Link and Skoda Smart Link / Mirror Link activation packs. Licence needs to be activated via a dealership or authorised 3rd party.

Would you know if the activation pack is available for Australia? Just picked up an a3 did not realise this was an option.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

I
Would you know if the activation pack is available for Australia? Just picked up an a3 did not realise this was an option.

If you can ping me your chassis number I can find out.

Cheers I have pmed you my chassis number