Recirculation and Blow Off Valve

stus32007

Reaction score
HAS ANY ONR TRYED THESES VALVES WAS GOING TO ORDER ONE FOR MY S3 BUT CARNT FIND ANY INFO ON IT DOSE ANY ONE KNOW WHAT THEY ARE LIKE AND DO THEY WORK GOOD

The Splitter, a Recirculation and Blow Off Valve
FMDVSPLTR.jpg
The Splitter is a truly remarkable valve that gives a combination of blow off and recirculation valve operation all at the same time and has been specifically designed for the many VAG 1.8T applications. This means you get all the noise of the blow off valve whilst retaining the compatibility with the recirculation requirements of the engine management system. As a bonus we also offer the ability to convert the valve to recirculation only mode for those times when stealth running is required.
This valve uses a Copper and Zinc alloy piston which utilises new sealing technology along with a variable spring preload incorporating a ratchet type top adjuster that will allow for the positive and precise adjustment to match the valve to your engine. This is achieved by using a unique single, conical, progressive rate spring that can allow for the retention of boost pressure over a wide adjustment range. This unique spring design also allows for unrestricted piston travel and flow volume regardless of the amount of pre-load adjustment added to the spring. Other manufacturers valves using cylindrical springs with adjustable pre-load often experience restricted piston travel and a reduction in flow volume.
When we say our products are Engineered For Performance. Its not a catchy sales phrase, it's the truth and we prove it with every product we manufacture.
To download fitting instructions for this product click here

sounds good dont want to buy one and find out it not very good mite be great just not heard or seen much of them

I use a forge recirc valve. I would say that it is very good quality and Forge have a very good name.
Why (out of interest) do you want a part blow off/part recirc valve?

it just if you want the whoosh sound without cutting any pipes its a direct replacement and from what i have read you can have it as a recirculation only valve or blow off i might be wrong tho

i recently fitted a turbosmart kompact dual port. Its similar to this new forge one as is a direct replacement for the bosch ones. Vents air into the atmosphere and engine. Its also fully adjstable, You can set it to 'stronger' and the whooosh is only heard under extreme racing conditions.

202.jpg

originally priced at around £175.
a friend got it for me from russia for much cheaper!

from what i've read, when these new forge valves are set up correctly they aren't particularly loud. so i wonder what the point is...

Tallpaul said:
from what i've read, when these new forge valves are set up correctly they aren't particularly loud. so i wonder what the point is...

Unless you have a different Air Filter this is correct but some people do just get them as they're more durable, especially after a remap. They're also serviceable.

DPM said:
Unless you have a different Air Filter this is correct but some people do just get them as they're more durable, especially after a remap. They're also serviceable.

lol, the 007p is loud with a filter (mine with a carbonio CAI scares old people).

If you have to buy a filter to get the volume then why pay twice the price of an 007p, that's my point.

I know forge have done their research but deliberatly installing a boost leak doesn't seem too clever either.

i have a turbosmart dual port it makes chattering noises not sure if it should ,
as people say that is turbo stall?

Had a look at one the other week when i was at forge and they look top quality, was speaking to a guy there about them, he said they have no performance advantage over the normal 007's etc just the fact that you can have the dump valve noise. also, instead of having and interchangeable spring, you just twist the top of it to adjust the spring stiffness, saves taking it apart i suppose. personally i think id probably get one but not for £150!!