3am Tune

TQS

Reaction score
OK, it's 3am and you're on an anonymous motorway driving home alone after a heavy weekend on the beers. Your head is nodding and you've got the window slightly open to get a bit of fresh air. The next services are about 10 miles away and you desperately need some inspiration to help get you to your next espresso.

The question is:
What is the number one tune that will wake you up and get you there alive?

NB I'm sure everyone's got about a dozen but the point of this is that you can only name ONE song so no lists or anything like that - can be any genre/era though... :music:

Mine is... Dire Straits - Money For Nothing

I'm not a Dire Straits fan at all, in fact i'm into old school house / indie but the guitar rift at the beginning does something to me!
:w00t:

joost said:
Metallica - Enter Sandman, absolute full ******** volume.

Oh Yeah blast from the past. Gonna dig out my album now.

Singing it in my head now.

I dont think that would be the song for me though.

It would have to be some kind of uplifting trance anthom, that make the hairs on the back of your neck tingle and stand up on end. I'm crap with song names though.

Ooh ooh, think I know that one, it's on the tip o' mi tongue!

Thats not up lifting trance thats Aqua and f-----g Barbie girl.
My record would be Billy Idol-White wedding f--k knows why though as I dont even have a little sister so its hardly like she would have done anything.

nah its them freaky blue aliens, doo dooo da da deebbee da da, 2 french guys thinking there in a far out spaceship, out around 5 years ago

Good shout on Dire Straits TQS :rock:

Personally, I'd go for Leftfield - Song Of Life.

The Cult - She Sells Sanctuary

Or anything from Leftfield.

I had that track 2 years before it was used in Miami Vice...

The collision Course EP is THE essential driving / going out soundtrack...
They used it in Miami vice for a reason!

Ess_Three said:
I had that track 2 years before it was used in Miami Vice...

The collision Course EP is THE essential driving / going out soundtrack...
They used it in Miami vice for a reason!

Tis a great track though... :music: or should it be :thrashi:

i agree collision is a quality album, so if it wasnt linkin park - in the end i waould be listening to it would be any from this album.

just a shame there are so few tracks on it

alan

Syncopix - Dos Or Die (drum and bass)

It has to be.

Tony Walker - Field of joy. an amazing trance track from about three years ago released on Tsunami records. genius piece of work!!!:anbet:

smitch said:
Grace - Not over Yet. :o.k:

Oooh, great tune - how about Brainbug - Nightmare (Paul Oakenfold Sinister String remix)... played at City of Manchester Stadium when the teams come out - if that doesn't get you going, then nothing will!!!

TQS said:
Oooh, great tune - how about Brainbug - Nightmare (Paul Oakenfold Sinister String remix)... played at City of Manchester Stadium when the teams come out - if that doesn't get you going, then nothing will!!!

That tune makes me feel like someone's creeping up behind me!

Olly_K said:
Syncopix - Dos Or Die (drum and bass)

Bit of a brock monster on the sly Olly?

Given that I could never really pick 'one' track (I'd waste the rest of my life trying to decide) so I'll take your lead...

Ben Sage - All About You (particularly the remix that sounds like a quick Hybrid tune) - it's a DnB version of an old Tracy Spencer track and is absolutely fantastic. Easily my favourite drum n bass track of all time*

Regards,

Rob.

EDIT: *but then there is RAM Trilogy - No Reality, or for the cheesey-jumper in me Warhead, but I'm not going to get stuck with this so I'll stick with the Ben Sage number!

I would have to say The Prodigy- No good start the dance

On the Prodigy, Your Love is a quality feel good tune as well.