Help me with my next upgrade

kaspar

Reaction score
Hello everyone

im in doubt whether i should upgrade my car or just keep it as it is

currently running with loba hpfp, full milltek sportback and revo cai.

my car is pushing 354+ hp

what would be the next "go to" upgrade?

im only looking for engine upgrades ;)

Reactions: fab_giglio
Wagner intercooler, cts pipes from turbo to inlet, rs4 fuel valve, gfb Dv+ to name a few tweaks then a custom map

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

thanks for your reply

will the gfb Dv+ change the sound my CAI makes? in terms of the "flutter" sound

i did already consider getting the rs4 returne valve

i do have a custom map atm, but i guess with new upgrades im gonna need a new one

thanks for your reply

will the gfb Dv+ change the sound my CAI makes? in terms of the "flutter" sound

i did already consider getting the rs4 returne valve

i do have a custom map atm, but i guess with new upgrades im gonna need a new one

Flutter doesn't change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

whats the benefit of having it installed?

whats the benefit of having it installed?

It adds a mechanical sprung valve before the DV. So keeps boost constant until 2.5 bar when it releases. Even if the Ecuador tells the dv to lift it won't until max boost is achieved. I've found it to hold boost pressure more consistently then the oem valve.

Reactions: HHS3 and samuelh_888
sounds great

so far iv'e made a list:

wagner intercooler, rs4 return valve, cts turbo pipes and the gfb dv+

Reactions: mechanic69
i know upgrading the turbo would do wonders, but its too expensive..

ill do some minor things, like the cts pipes and the dv+.

tbh i think the handling. as it is right now, its pretty solid. The brakes are already aftermarket.

i never use my car on the track or anything like it.

i just like having the extra hp. the car is very rare where im from, so people assume its a normal a3 :) haha

a little update

iv'e decided to go with some h&r spacers to begin with (low on cash) :(

i'm not sure if i should get the lowering springs aswell.

would it improve the ride comfortability?

i did actually order some h&r lowering springs aswell, 35mm. front & back

ill see how this works out after i get it installed..

i did also plan on getting the DV+ within a few months

Flutter doesn't change

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Flutter will change dramatically - you will hear it on a gentle lift off now and not just on full lift off (this is how the DV+ works). The extra noise became very tedious for me on an open intake but I didn't want to lose the DV+ benefits.

i like the flutter sound as it is right now :(

are the DV+ benefits very noticeable?

Last edited:
Yes it is. It holds boost better, especialy on gear changes.

also with dsg? i mean the gear changes

I don't know. Mine is manual. But it's a popular choice.

anyone with dsg who can elaborate?

i did forget about the rs4 valve.. wouldnt it be a good idea to do that aswell with the dv+ ?

GFB DV+ is the only diverter valve to fit if your looking at remaps full stop.
Holds boost longer as you lift of the throttle, so you have more boost as you hit your next gear. Wont split, lets minimal air by as its a brass valve with a superb bit of milling to keep the gap closed as the the best effort from vag is a plastic one that lets masses of air through when you hit higher boost pressures.
Fit and forget.
Mine has been in for three years with no problems whatsoever.

Reactions: mechanic69 and HHS3
imma get me one of those dv+ soon..

currently waiting to get my spacers delivered.

i sure hope i bought the right ones

i just had the dv+ and springs installed

the car is without a doubt more responsive now, with the dv+ installed

Reactions: audismart
What is the dv + and does anyone have a link
The GFB DV+ is an aftermarket turbo air diverter valve where the excess air is diverted through the exhaust.
The OEM versions from the factory are not very reliable and can fail or allow excess air through and loosing boost power, especially with re-mapped cars.
The GFB DV+ is most probably the best valve available, I`m running stage 2 and its been trouble free from day one three years ago. There are cars runing over 500bhp with them fitted with no problems at all. It holds boost for longer in between gear changes and sort of acts like an anti lag but without the associated problems.

Reactions: ron burgandy
after getting the springs installed the car seems a bit more "wobbly" compared to the stock ones. is this normal?

after getting the springs installed the car seems a bit more "wobbly" compared to the stock ones. is this normal?
Ideally you should fit new dampers with new springs, the new dampers will control the springs better, and old dampers are usually at the end of there life at 80k of mileage.
Also new lowering springs will make the old dampers work harder and will speed up the process of wearing out older dampers.
H&R springs are progressive so will gradually get harder as you go into a turn so you will feel a bit more of a wobbly feel as you have put it while cruising, of which dials out the very stiff crashy feel you get with the standard springs.

yea i wanted to do that, but i wanted to see how it felt before doing it..

they do feel a lot better than standard springs tho

Was the same for me after I fitted lowering springs, handling was worst on corners I felt than standard so have now fitted a set of Bilstein B16 coilovers

I guess it just takes some time getting used to them.

I will probably be getting the rs4 valve and the cts pipes next within a few months. then the intercooler.

do you reckon a new map is gonna increase my hp? by changing the hpfp, the rs4 valve and the cts pipes

i got the map done before changing the hpfp

Last edited:
The hpfp and rs4 valve will allow the engine to request as much fuel as it needs and so the midrange torque can be increased. BHP may not alter radically but it is the ft lbs value that will increase.

so a remap would be a good idea?

i was wondering how much the stock turbo can be pushed aswell?

I have cts all the way from turbo into throttle body, get Murray clips instead of the rubbish clips that come with the kits

forge wastegate?

what dimensions for the murray clips?

okay good idea :D

how noticeable will it be with the cts pipes?

okay good idea :D

how noticeable will it be with the cts pipes?

Gives great piece of mind. No pipes blowing off under boost and leaving you stranded! They can handle up to 8 bar I think and you won’t boost much over 2.5. Works well with the cts pipes just need to ensure the one at the bottom of the throttle pipe doesn’t interfere with the coolant fan, it’s quite tight