Facelift Jassy's S3-RS3 MY18 Build thread with Exclusive colours

Both cars below i believe are Java under different light conditions.

java-960.jpg

audi-rs3-sportback-8v-c970929052016142954_1.jpg

Reactions: Pinky1959, Rob2k68, Djs3saloon and 1 other person
Here is another comparison, bottom one is Java green, with very similar high light.

636C8663-CF60-45BA-BAD0-15E1447F7C96.jpg

audi-rs3-sportback-8v-c998217112016151740_3.jpg

Reactions: Flying Scotsman, Pinky1959, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Could be java then according to them pics. Does look lighter, must be the sunshine :)

Reactions: Jassyo06, TDI-line and Rob2k68
What a waste of a awesome car, the doors on the top photo are 2 different tones can't be a Audi colour surely?

Yes, i did notice that, but not sure if it's a wrap or exclusive.

audi-rs3-sportback-8v-c803428052016215558_2.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68 and ice_cube99
Ok, blue brain teaser for you all....and i don't know what the official name is.

audi-rs3-sportback-8v-c362213082016223746_1.jpg

audi-rs3-sportback-8v-c362213082016223746_2.jpg

Reactions: Rob2k68 and ice_cube99
This RS3 looks awesome in Java Green with the pano-roof and grill in black and the pre FL design

audi-rs3-sportback-8v-c998217112016151740_3.jpg

Reactions: glospete, TDI-line, Rob2k68 and 2 others
Ok, blue brain teaser for you all....and i don't know what the official name is.

audi-rs3-sportback-8v-c362213082016223746_1.jpg

audi-rs3-sportback-8v-c362213082016223746_2.jpg

Right best shot at it..... erm Mugello blue, Audi released a few PFL cars in it last year that's ma shot lol

Reactions: TDI-line, Rob2k68 and ice_cube99
Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn, Snake Pliskin and 2 others
I've found out that the Matrix are controlled by speed as well, guess that might be the same for on matrix? Take a corner at 30 no main beam, closer to 40 and main beam comes on.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
I didn't realise that sweeping indicators have made their way onto other brands now.

Already seen a new Golf with them and now Ford ! Saw a Mondeo yesterday with sweeping indicators.

The 'uniqueness' doesn't last long does it.

Wonder what will be the next 'in thing' Audi will release will be.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Audi Bairn
I didn't realise that sweeping indicators have made their way onto other brands now.

Already seen a new Golf with them and now Ford ! Saw a Mondeo yesterday with sweeping indicators.

Probably the external lighting features from the eTron concept??

I remember when I got my A5, a new '60 plate, there weren't many other brands with the LED daytime running lights (individual diodes rather than a continuous line), then............ Kia tried to copy Audi.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and Snake Pliskin
Probably the external lighting features from the eTron concept??

I remember when I got my A5, a new '60 plate, there weren't many other brands with the LED daytime running lights (individual diodes rather than a continuous line), then............ Kia tried to copy Audi.

Audi are incredibly good at lighting aren't they.

Yeah it was the A5 that had the those DRL's first wasn't so .... immensely cool when they first came out.

Now they are common place on all brands but the design & shape is now what makes them unique.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Audi Bairn
R
Audi are incredibly good at lighting aren't they.

Yeah it was the A5 that had the those DRL's first wasn't so .... immensely cool when they first came out.

Now they are common place on all brands but the design & shape is now what makes them unique.
The A4 was the first car on the roads to be equipped with led drls lol back in 2008 I think lol

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and Snake Pliskin

Yep, the Citroen DS3 has from sweeping indicators too and one of the Peugeot models.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Snake Pliskin

I've seen them on the back of a bus and on various trucks too.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Snake Pliskin
R

The A4 was the first car on the roads to be equipped with led drls lol back in 2008 I think lol

I think the R8 was the very first Audi with them but was 2008 I think.

Reactions: Rob2k68, Audi Bairn and Jassyo06
Saw a Toyota with them as well yesterday! Not seen anything else with them front and rear yet though.

Reactions: Rob2k68 and Jassyo06
Saw a Toyota with them as well yesterday! Not seen anything else with them front and rear yet though.
I saw a Toyota or Hyundai or something of the sort with front ones the other week. :sweatsmile:

Reactions: Rob2k68, Jassyo06 and Tom.H
Again l actually prefer the rear indicators on my PFL to be honest they're larger and brighter than the FL but again the rear taillights are awesome on the facelift

Reactions: Snake Pliskin, Rob2k68, James.B8 and 1 other person
That's the rear camera added now and the end of option adding, just need to get the RS3 rear carbon tail spoiler and carbon mirror caps, don't know where to source the rear tailgate spoiler though?

Reactions: Rob2k68
That's the rear camera added now and the end of option adding, just need to get the RS3 rear carbon tail spoiler and carbon mirror caps, don't know where to source the rear tailgate spoiler though?

https://www.ecstuning.com/News/Audi_8V_S3_ECS_Carbon_Fiber_Trunk_Spoiler_02012016/

https://carbon-designz.com/audi/a3-s3-rs3/8v.html

https://www.uspmotorsports.com/Exterior/Aggressiv-Carbon-Fiber-Spoiler-Audi-8V-A3-and-S3.html (this is the one I think you are after)

there's more sources....these are just the few quick (main) ones I came up with

Reactions: Rob2k68, TDI-line and Jassyo06
So the next stage/part of getting me car is the paint ..ie Xpel/Ceramic coating....l got one eye opening quote from a detailer in Glasgow

£1200 plus VAT....for Xpel to be applied to the front bumper/bonnet/headlamps/wings/A pillars
plus £600 plus VAT for the Gtechniq ****.....£2160....no way am l paying this amount

Reactions: David McQueen, Djs3saloon, Rob2k68 and 1 other person
So the next stage/part of getting me car is the paint ..ie Xpel/Ceramic coating....l got one eye opening quote from a detailer in Glasgow

£1200 plus VAT....for Xpel to be applied to the front bumper/bonnet/headlamps/wings/A pillars
plus £600 plus VAT for the Gtechniq ****.....£2160....no way am l paying this amount

lol my Gtechniq detail was £650, well worth it though when it comes to washing the car, 3 months on the water just runs off it when rinsing.

Reactions: Jassyo06, Djs3saloon and Rob2k68