S3 saloon % discount?

S32B

Reaction score
Don't want to say what I've been offered yet, as I think the sales guy I'm dealing with and who is getting back to me with a price looks at this forum!

So what % did you get off your FL or MY18 S3 or S3 black edition saloon?

If you don't want to say publicly send me a PM ;) people I know on here feel free to ask me via PM what I've been offered ;)

One thing I will say, manual vs s-tronic= £14 more pm for the s-tronic and a higher GFV! I may have to have a go for that price!!!! Never thought I'd say that :D

Reactions: Milnesafc and Sandra
£7k deposit not including £600 dealer contribution. £407 a month.
(Car wow)

And I think but not had it 100% confirmed...
£7k deposit (no news on contribution as of yet) with £395 a month. If I can confirm this deal I think I will go for that. :)

Not sure what these work out as percentages but seem like fair offers.

Options were black edition s tronic, navarra blue, hold assist, folding mirrors, rear parking sensors, tech pack (for the top offer not sure on second), pano roof, super sport seats and 19" wheels

Last edited:
compared to @James.B8 mines coming out at around £310 month (7k deposit). looking at his spec compared to mine and assuming its also on a 4 year pcp deal with a similar GFV you are paying about £90/month for s tronic, black pack, pano roof and super sports seats

So over the 4 years you will be paying £4320 for those options which on the current price list are around £3000

Reactions: James.B8
Thanks for the PM Dave ;)

Options were black edition s tronic, navarra blue, hold assist, folding mirrors, rear parking sensors, tech pack (for the top offer not sure on second), pano roof, super sport seats and 19" wheels
The rear sensors are now standard mate ;)

Reactions: Daveotto and James.B8
Thought so. Should save me a bit of money :relieved::grin:
Price went up £400, but you get sensors and auto dimming rear view mirror as standard. So you save a little bit ;)

People's monthly figures for an S3 on PCP deals seem wildly varied!

£5k down, £370 a month with 12k annual miles. £700 dealer contri (iirc)

Oh forgot to mention... had a call from my dealer today and the price is down to £380 PM

So I am slightly in a sticky situation - I have ordered an S3 fully specced out pretty much with a retail value of £46k. But because I'm trading in my Golf R I'm looking at a 7k deposit and £698pm (including servicing for 20k miles pa).

It's twice what everyone else is paying but that's what it is costing me to finish the finance on my R and take a new car. And the reason for doing that is that I have done nearly 30K in one year on my R and I agreed the PCP for that based on 10k pa so I either have a massive bill at the end or get a new car now so I chose the new one.

So I am slightly in a sticky situation - I have ordered an S3 fully specced out pretty much with a retail value of £46k. But because I'm trading in my Golf R I'm looking at a 7k deposit and £698pm (including servicing for 20k miles pa).

It's twice what everyone else is paying but that's what it is costing me to finish the finance on my R and take a new car. And the reason for doing that is that I have done nearly 30K in one year on my R and I agreed the PCP for that based on 10k pa so I either have a massive bill at the end or get a new car now so I chose the new one.

You may have a huge bill, but granted it won't be the extra £220 a month you'll be paying like the rest of us. For instance, £220 - x12 months = £2,640. Multiply that by 2, assuming you're beginning a second year with the Golf R - £5,280.

Your mileage bill certainly won't be that high - but of course it's whatever you're happier with.

£5k down, £365 per month over 48 months
14k miles
Saloon, black edition, S Tronic , mirror and rear sensors (ordered before they were standard)

think it was about 9% discount
both dealers i went to were very tight with discount as they know they will sell the S3's the y have on order to someone.
We bought an A3 2.0TDI S line last year for the Mrs and got about 13% off.

I put £3000 down, £600 conti £39885 list £425 p/m... inc servicing & a few other bits.

Reactions: Jassyo06
Don't want to say what I've been offered yet, as I think the sales guy I'm dealing with and who is getting back to me with a price looks at this forum!

So what % did you get off your FL or MY18 S3 or S3 black edition saloon?

If you don't want to say publicly send me a PM ;) people I know on here feel free to ask me via PM what I've been offered ;)

One thing I will say, manual vs s-tronic= £14 more pm for the s-tronic and a higher GFV! I may have to have a go for that price!!!! Never thought I'd say that :D

View attachment 124540 View attachment 124541 View attachment 124542

I wouldnt mind a PM with what you have been offered.

My offer below:

£4k deposit, £466 pm over 4 years, 5000 miles pa.

Spec: Saloon, Black Ed, Ara Blue, advanced tech pack, virtual cockpit, Pano roof, super sport seats, front parking sensors, advanced key, leather interior upgrade, interior light design, red calipers, folding mirrors.

I thought this was a decent offer. But wanted to be closer to £400pm.
What does everyone think?

This is just my opinion and feel free to tell me I'm wrong here, but I can't see the sense in these deals? What I mean by that is, arnt you just effectively renting these cars then handing them back and starting again? I get that you'll get a brand new car every couple of years but it effectively becomes dead money.. I'd personally want to own the car at the end after spending 'X' amount over a couple years or am I missing something here?

Radford212

I wouldnt mind a PM with what you have been offered.

My offer below:

£4k deposit, £466 pm over 4 years, 5000 miles pa.

Spec: Saloon, Black Ed, Ara Blue, advanced tech pack, virtual cockpit, Pano roof, super sport seats, front parking sensors, advanced key, leather interior upgrade, interior light design, red calipers, folding mirrors.

I thought this was a decent offer. But wanted to be closer to £400pm.
What does everyone think?
That's sounds good to me for the spec and deposit

This is just my opinion and feel free to tell me I'm wrong here, but I can't see the sense in these deals? What I mean by that is, arnt you just effectively renting these cars then handing them back and starting again? I get that you'll get a brand new car every couple of years but it effectively becomes dead money.. I'd personally want to own the car at the end after spending 'X' amount over a couple years or am I missing something here?

Radford212
Well you do have the option to purchase the car at the end of the term. How you describe it is more like a lease deal

Even so isn't the final purchase price normally more than like £5,000?

Radford212

Nope, you've understood it well.

You're basically paying for very steep depreciation and a large sum of interest over 2/3/4 years, then handing it back and starting again....

It's not *that* terrible if you already spend vast sums of money on changing cars every couple of years though....

Reactions: Bristle Hound and TDI-line

Radford212
Cars will always be dead money no matter how you buy them, pay £35k cash today and in 4 years they will be worth £17k (or less), so you have still lost. A good thing with PCP is you can select exactly how much you wish to pay/blow/lose on a car each month and as long as you are happy with that all is good. I see my car as my hobby, what I pay for my top end car some people pay to watch football, smoke, drink, gamble etc.

Buy an appreciating asset and rent a depreciating one!

Reactions: David McQueen, S3GEEZER, BigBill and 3 others
Cars will always be dead money no matter how you buy them, pay £35k cash today and in 4 years they will be worth £17k (or less), so you have still lost. A good thing with PCP is you can select exactly how much you wish to pay/blow/lose on a car each month and as long as you are happy with that all is good. I see my car as my hobby, what I pay for my top end car some people pay to watch football, smoke, drink, gamble etc.

Ive sent you a PM.

I get the fact that you'll loose money on a car no matter which way you purchase one unless you're able to get a collectible that the value goes upwards. I also understand what you said about paying the same as some people pay to watch football etc
I guess the situation I'm in where I'm trying to buy a house is why, when I look at these deals I personally can't justify taking one out. I'd love to be able get a top end car every couple of years :tongueclosed:

Well yes but your cash example also hasn't lost upwards of £3k on interest as well as depreciation...

But I think the point is that getting a new car every few years is ridiculously expensive. Spending upwards of £5k every year, plus fuel, plus insurance, plus servicing, plus unplanned maintenance.....it's stupidly expensive!

Getting a decent used car and keeping it for 5/6years will average to £1/2k a year...unplanned maintenance is very unlikely to be around £3k a year extra unless you are extremely unlucky!

I get the fact that you'll loose money on a car no matter which way you purchase one unless you're able to get a collectible that the value goes upwards. I also understand what you said about paying the same as some people pay to watch football etc
I guess the situation I'm in where I'm trying to buy a house is why, when I look at these deals I personally can't justify taking one out. I'd love to be able get a top end car every couple of years :tongueclosed:
It all depends on your own personal circumstances and what you want to spend your money on, I worked my *** off and did without holidays and treats for a few years and paid my mortgage off when I was 40 (I'm now 45), so that is the biggest monthly bill I'll ever get gone! So am now in a position where I have spare cash to blow on other luxuries that before I wouldn't have been able to have. If I lose my job tomorrow I can just hand the car back and downsize, but nobody can take my house off me. Another reason why I wouldn't blow a large amount on a car in one hit, if I were to come out of work tomorrow that money would tie me over until I found another job, if I'd spent it all on a car it's not there! I fully agree with you though, if you are buying your house plough your money into that rather than a car.

But I think the point is that getting a new car every few years is ridiculously expensive. Spending upwards of £5k every year, plus fuel, plus insurance, plus servicing, plus unplanned maintenance.....it's stupidly expensive!

Getting a decent used car and keeping it for 5/6years will average to £1/2k a year...unplanned maintenance is very unlikely to be around £3k a year extra unless you are extremely unlucky!

Yes, a new car every 3 years is expensive but so is a £1,000 season ticket to watch 19 home games before you even start on travel, food, beer, away games, cup games etc. I work with a guy that must spend at least £5k a year following Liverpool all over the place, but that's his thing, I'd never say to him it's a waste of money, as it's what makes him happy, as he would never say my new flashy, powerful car costing £5k per year is a waste of money!

It's all about choices and PCP gives the average person an easy and affordable way to get into a car that they would normally never be able to afford and to change them every 3-4 years gives them peace of mind that most things are covered under warranty...so no out of the blue big bills.
If you are lucky enough to pay outright for a £40k car, to get that £40k back over 48 months you would have to save £833 per month, (granted the car is worth 17k at the end and is yours) but average Joe can have the same car for £400 per month after a small deposit and still have whatever money he has in the bank left for other things.

Reactions: AudiNutta, Tom.H, Radford212 and 1 other person
It all depends on your own personal circumstances and what you want to spend your money on, I worked my *** off and did without holidays and treats for a few years and paid my mortgage off when I was 40 (I'm now 45), so that is the biggest monthly bill I'll ever get gone! So am now in a position where I have spare cash to blow on other luxuries that before I wouldn't have been able to have. If I lose my job tomorrow I can just hand the car back and downsize, but nobody can take my house off me. Another reason why I wouldn't blow a large amount on a car in one hit, if I were to come out of work tomorrow that money would tie me over until I found another job, if I'd spent it all on a car it's not there! I fully agree with you though, if you are buying your house plough your money into that rather than a car.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't saying that they're a bad thing. I was merely trying to make sense of the whole thing and how it currently wouldn't work for me. That being said, fair play to you. You know what you want and what you enjoy and you have to means to do it, I take my hat off to you.

Reactions: S32B
Spoke to the dealer today and what I thought was a good deal....ISNT.

They have reduced the monthly payments...great...or so i thought.
Theyve done it by taking all my chosen option off. What is the point in that?

So they havnt reduced the price or upped the discount. Just taken off everything except the tech pack and pano roof.

@S32B - Have you checked the brokers for prices mate?

I know there's Carwow & Orangewheels but Coast2coast cars seem to be offering impressive discounts at the moment
https://www.coast2coastcars.co.uk
Coast 2 coast2coastcars seemed to be offering the best discounts just now, but to generalise discounts are all relevant to the rrp price of the car

3K deposit £378 PM 3 door S3 Navarra blue,virtual cockpit,adaptive cruise control,puddle lights its MY18 too so ill get Rear view dimming mirror and rear parking sensors. believe it was about 11/12% discount. Audi wanted about £440 but you can haggle!!

Coast 2 coast2coastcars seemed to be offering the best discounts just now, but to generalise discounts are all relevant to the rrp price of the car
@jassyo06 - Some stinking deals on there for BMW's too ;)
Wonder if your son can match or beat 'em ... ;) :D

Yes, a new car every 3 years is expensive but so is a £1,000 season ticket to watch 19 home games before you even start on travel, food, beer, away games, cup games etc. I work with a guy that must spend at least £5k a year following Liverpool all over the place, but that's his thing, I'd never say to him it's a waste of money, as it's what makes him happy, as he would never say my new flashy, powerful car costing £5k per year is a waste of money!

It's all about choices and PCP gives the average person an easy and affordable way to get into a car that they would normally never be able to afford and to change them every 3-4 years gives them peace of mind that most things are covered under warranty...so no out of the blue big bills.
If you are lucky enough to pay outright for a £40k car, to get that £40k back over 48 months you would have to save £833 per month, (granted the car is worth 17k at the end and is yours) but average Joe can have the same car for £400 per month after a small deposit and still have whatever money he has in the bank left for other things.

I'm not judging mate. I'm spending an inordinate amount of money on my S5. It's still a ridiculous waste of money, regardless if someone is just as daft as me and spends the same amount on football, drink or just enjoys throwing £50 notes down the drain....

Losing £15k on depreciation and interest charges every 3yrs is ridiculous. There's no getting around that....

I'm not judging mate. I'm spending an inordinate amount of money on my S5. It's still a ridiculous waste of money, regardless if someone is just as daft as me and spends the same amount on football, drink or just enjoys throwing £50 notes down the drain....

Losing £15k on depreciation and interest charges every 3yrs is ridiculous. There's no getting around that....
Oh yeah I agree it's a lot to blow, but if we didn't do it what would we do with our money??? ;)

We have no kids and my sisters 3 lads are useless, the 21 year old has no manners what so ever and recently got sacked from 2 jobs in the space of 3 weeks because of his attitude and the other two (twins) are 18 and are lazy little shits, they do 3 days a week in college on an easy NVQ course and have never worked in their life, not even so much as a milk or paper round! I'm certainly not going to give them an easy ride with mine and my wife's hard earned!!! :D

I'll be like this guy: http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...-mustang-driver-is-a-97-year-old-swedish-man/

Reactions: Bristle Hound
Oh yeah I agree it's a lot to blow, but if we didn't do it what would we do with our money??? ;)

We have no kids and my sisters 3 lads are useless, the 21 year old has no manners what so ever and recently got sacked from 2 jobs in the space of 3 weeks because of his attitude and the other two (twins) are 18 and are lazy little shits, they do 3 days a week in college on an easy NVQ course and have never worked in their life, not even so much as a milk or paper round! I'm certainly not going to give them an easy ride with mine and my wife's hard earned!!! :D

I'll be like this guy: http://www.roadandtrack.com/car-cul...-mustang-driver-is-a-97-year-old-swedish-man/

Ha....quite literally anything else....!

Lets face it, north of £15k for a tarted up A3 that can get you from A to B not much quicker than a Y reg Focus due to speed limits and congestion is not a wise decision. You do it because you enjoy it. But its a stupid amount of money..! I deeply regret getting the S5 on PCP. I've loved driving it about for the last couple of years, but looking back I would much rather of saved that money and used it for the house renovation I'm doing, put away for savings, investing it, etc... basically anything else. It's just too much money for what it is; renting a fast car for a few years...

Thing is, I will probably do it all over again with an S3, because I'm an idiot...I have absolutely no defence for it...!

I do enjoy your style of debate though :p Picking extreme examples to justify your position... I might ring work next week and say I have to work from home. I could be involved in a 24 car pile up on the M25 on my commute in...definitely not worth the risk...!

Reactions: Bristle Hound, S32B and AudiNutta
@S32B - Have you checked the brokers for prices mate?

I know there's Carwow & Orangewheels but Coast2coast cars seem to be offering impressive discounts at the moment
https://www.coast2coastcars.co.uk
Sorry mate only just seen that post, yes ;) Just waiting to hear back from the guy I've been speaking to, I told him the figures I want it for, so he's probably on the floor now in shock :D

Ha....quite literally anything else....!

Lets face it, north of £15k for a tarted up A3 that can get you from A to B not much quicker than a Y reg Focus due to speed limits and congestion is not a wise decision. You do it because you enjoy it. But its a stupid amount of money..! I deeply regret getting the S5 on PCP. I've loved driving it about for the last couple of years, but looking back I would much rather of saved that money and used it for the house renovation I'm doing, put away for savings, investing it, etc... basically anything else. It's just too much money for what it is; renting a fast car for a few years...

Thing is, I will probably do it all over again with an S3, because I'm an idiot...I have absolutely no defence for it...!

I do enjoy your style of debate though :p Picking extreme examples to justify your position... I might ring work next week and say I have to work from home. I could be involved in a 24 car pile up on the M25 on my commute in...definitely not worth the risk...!

lol I know what you're saying and it makes sense (all of it), before coming back to this thread I was sitting here thinking is it all worth it??? But then you price up another car and look at the figures....£25 a week less than an S3!!!......bang and then you are right back at the start power-noise-looks-grip :D
I could get a new Insignia from work for about £250pm incl tyres, insurance, tax, the lot and just change that every 6 months....but the sound when you boot your performance car...that ear to ear smile is priceless :)

It's the same with phones, why do we pay £900 for an iPhone when we can get a cheap £50 phone that makes calls and sends texts just as well??? :p
And errr...people say I'm mad with this one, a watch to tell the time £15 from Argos!!! Well I did this a couple of months back http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...to-your-8v-today.236518/page-139#post-2950887

I think my problem kicked off when my late father went into a care home. He'd worked all his life and put money into savings/isa's and had a good pension scheme to keep himself and my mum comfortable in later life. Because the saving were solely in his name (pension going in joint account) they wanted to take all his savings until he was down to £23k and half his private pension to pay for the care home fees! My mum was nearly in tears after the guy we spoke to talked us through everything :( Eventually after months of worrying, we found out that because my dad was in such a bad way he came under the care of the NHS CHC scheme, which meant the care home costs were paid for by them, we just paid a top up fee to get him into a nice home rather than one of their standard ones. The entire thing made me think it's not worth saving for that rainy day as it may never come and to have it now and enjoy it!!

Reactions: Bristle Hound, James.B8, Tom.H and 1 other person
Sorry mate only just seen that post, yes ;) Just waiting to hear back from the guy I've been speaking to, I told him the figures I want it for, so he's probably on the floor now in shock :D

lol I know what you're saying and it makes sense (all of it), before coming back to this thread I was sitting here thinking is it all worth it??? But then you price up another car and look at the figures....£25 a week less than an S3!!!......bang and then you are right back at the start power-noise-looks-grip :D
I could get a new Insignia from work for about £250pm incl tyres, insurance, tax, the lot and just change that every 6 months....but the sound when you boot your performance car...that ear to ear smile is priceless :)

It's the same with phones, why do we pay £900 for an iPhone when we can get a cheap £50 phone that makes calls and sends texts just as well??? :p
And errr...people say I'm mad with this one, a watch to tell the time £15 from Argos!!! Well I did this a couple of months back http://www.audi-sport.net/xf/thread...to-your-8v-today.236518/page-139#post-2950887

I think my problem kicked off when my late father went into a care home. He'd worked all his life and put money into savings/isa's and had a good pension scheme to keep himself and my mum comfortable in later life. Because the saving were solely in his name (pension going in joint account) they wanted to take all his savings until he was down to £23k and half his private pension to pay for the care home fees! My mum was nearly in tears after the guy we spoke to talked us through everything :( Eventually after months of worrying, we found out that because my dad was in such a bad way he came under the care of the NHS CHC scheme, which meant the care home costs were paid for by them, we just paid a top up fee to get him into a nice home rather than one of their standard ones. The entire thing made me think it's not worth saving for that rainy day as it may never come and to have it now and enjoy it!!

Absolutely! Good points very well made.

To be honest that's why I will end up on another PCP, because you look at getting a loan and see the increased monthly cost, then it relies on getting the headline rate which is never guaranteed, and then there is all the maintenance costs...in the s end you just think sod it!

I guess the trick is to not think about it too much, and as you say, enjoy the things your enjoy in life :)

£6k down, £264 a month.
10k a year mileage.
I timed it perfect near the end of the quarter when I ordered mine.