Q7 When were the changes done?

rad79

2010 Audi A8 D4 4.2 TDI
Reaction score
Hi,

I have Audi A8 at the moment but am considering changing it to Q7. I did some research and am still a bit confused when what changes were introduced.....

Am I right in thinking there were some slight changes done in very early stage in 2007? Then some external lift around 2009 (including MMI3G and new controls switches?) and then in 2012 was next face lift done which brought new steering wheel (but again I've seen round and trapeze-shaped version...) I think at that stage also the 8-gear gearbox has been introduced.

Could someone better informed give me some tips here? I would appreciate it a lot;-)

thanks

The 2016/17 model is completely redesigned and is considered one of if not the best SUV out there right now.

that's not exactly what I was looking for....I'm considering Q7 from years 2008-2012. Btw I think Audi just destroyed the look of Q7. New model looks bad:-(

Reactions: TAL 5S and KrisKrk
I did some research myself and what I found is:

- first stage was from late 2006 to mid 2009.
The only change done there was slight change to engine which increased power from 229 (233) to 237bhp (242ps) and lowered fuel consumption for 3.0TDI engine. On top of that I think steering wheel has some minor change and onboard computer.

- second phase after the first facelift 2009-2011
the car got new led front and back lamps, slight re-designed bumpers, new MMI 3G, new central console. the 4.2tdi engine got few extra horses (326 to 340ps). The entry SE model had led lamps as an option I think as you can find some with old style lamps.

- third phase after second facelift 2011-2014
q7 got new steering wheel, exhaust pipes and other stylistic changes but more importantly new 8-gear automatic gearbox. lowered emissions and fuel consumption.

Reactions: TAL 5S and AUDI_ADDICT
there might be more differences or I could get something wrong, but this is what I believe is more or less accurate. Maybe will be of some help to someone?;-)