Centre arm rest - broken clip...

nivagh

Reaction score
Does anybody know whether a new clip can be had for a centre arm rest - the one on the A4 I have just bought is broken, causing the lid to fall open whenever you lift the armrest up.

Thx

Hiya,
This happened to me last month. You have to replace the lid. You don't need a complete new armrest by the way.
Just have your chas num, car reg handy when phoning Audi dealer. My lid inc VAT was £39 which is not bad.

Good luck, let us know what your dealer quotes you please.

:music:

nivagh said:
Does anybody know whether a new clip can be had for a centre arm rest - the one on the A4 I have just bought is broken, causing the lid to fall open whenever you lift the armrest up.

Thx

Snap!!!!!!!!!

jr001 said:
This happened to me last month. You have to replace the lid. You don't need a complete new armrest by the way.
Just have your chas num, car reg handy when phoning Audi dealer. My lid inc VAT was £39 which is not bad.

I stupidly forked out £65 an front lid from a dealer after missing an auction on ebay for one. Please tell me yours wansn't in black leather?

You've been bailed out. It wisnae black leather! Mines was cloth mate.
No need to change your underwear for another couple of days!!!!!!!!

:jester:

Thats good to hear.
This week I shall only be going commando. :o.k:

Mine too has snapped. I though you may have just been able to replace the clip. I suppose £40 isnt bad from the stealers.
How do you replace it?, is it a simple job?
Thanks

Common problem then!

When I got mine it was broken, but as a condition of sale the vendor replaced it. Pretty good of him really as it cost him about £65 iirc as I have leather seats.

Halfords velcro strips cut to size down the length of the lid and along the top lip where the duff clip used to reside ....about £3 all in...works a treat!!!

Andy

I have a brand new black cloth one if anyone is interested? I was going to put it on ebay but haven't got round to it yet.
DSCF0223.jpg
DSCF0221.jpg

The catch at the very front of my leather topped centre armrest has just broken today.....probably caused by me just letting it drop shut...its a p*ss poor design, but can the front catch be replaced on its own ?

or like above am I going to be stung for £65 for the lid from the stealers....or wiat for one to appear on e-bay

Last edited:
The clip cannot be replaced,you need to get the whole lid i was lucky managed to get the one above for £25 and it fits like a glove!