Flat bottom steering wheels

NIGE28

Reaction score
I have had a good search as I would like to fit an 8p flat bottom wheel to the 8l, I have been reading the the main problem is the airbag being some 8ps are duel stage where as 8l is single stage? I already have a control module as have a multifunctional wheel already.

Apparently some 8p wheels were single stage airbag so could that solve the problem ?

Any help appreciated, I was gonna go aftermarket but decided I wanted to keep airbag and didn't want a massive boss with wheel miles away from indicators.

I'm very interested in this also.

I would like to know if anyone has managed to fit an 8v steering wheel, I don't want the airbag aspect to even work. They cause more damage than good.

8v can be done but I was quoted £1000 for this as it's the wiring for the controls also and from what they told me the 8p is not really compatible the 8v better option as it single stage speak to HazzyDayz's Or look on there website

Price has come down taken from their website
Need a rnse thi
IMG 1311

So If I was to buy an 8v steering wheel would be a better fit due to single stage airbag and already having multifunctional controls surely it would be more straight forward

I'd imagine does yours have phone and speech dialogue?

Personally I'm not after the controls as I have an aftermarket stereo fitted anyway, I'm sure with a little toying about the volume may be able to work. Even still I'm just after the look and feel for the 8v steering wheel.

Is it a straight fit to the 8l or much modification work required?

Sorry to throw some questions on a thread that isn't mine :)

Couldn't tell you I've searched for a diy thread but cannot find any and have asked the question in the retro fit section but no answers

Reactions: CSS3
Steering wheel controls are pretty much for the stereo like volume, skip track etc and my stereo has phone capabilities. May just get one and see what happens I know it will bolt on but don't want the airbag light on the dash so would like that to work and controls would be a bonus.

let me know how you get on you can be the guinea pig ha. I was thinking the same but the wheel n have ago could always get the controls wired up another time but I'd want the phone working. I'm not sure if the has the same plug on 8l and 8v for the airbag although they are both single phase the connectors might be different.

Maybe remove wires and wire into 8l plug ?

Easy to change the connectors to be honest.

I'm going to order an 8V S3 Flat Bottom, I'll be guinea pig #2 ;)

Can you find a schematic for which wire is which. To see if they are the same. Never no it might be a simple plug and play

Last edited: