A3 8P Heated Seats how high can you go?

mechanic69

VCDS Map User
Reaction score
Website
www.audi-sport.net
Always felt the hottest setting the heated seats on my 2011 plate S3 wasn't hot enough. Will be changing the settings in Module 08 HVAC using VCDS but can't find any info on how hot is safe to set it at.

Wondering if you guys out there can help, 1 if you know or 2 by posting your readings via VCDS????

My settings in the HVAC are as follows:

Position 1 14 degrees on channel 21
Position 2 19 degrees on channel 22
Position 3 24 degrees on channel 23
Position 4 32 on channel 24
Position 5 37 on channel 25
Position 6 42 on channel 26

In the HVAC module you can adjust channels 24 to 26 but I can't find where to change lower temps.

Wonder how hot the seats can go without boiling me nads??

Any help well appreciated.

On my S3 8L the heated seats were like a Vindaloo, on the S3 8P, they're at best a Korma

Reactions: Garrett 69, Raiden and mechanic69
My S3 8p seem to get pretty hot if left long enough, I will try check what temp it gets to.

Must just be the S3 8L that has Hotpoint grill elements embedded in the seats then :blackrs4:

On my S3 8L the heated seats were like a Vindaloo, on the S3 8P, they're at best a Korma

PMSL! Thats brilliant :) When my 8P was new #3 used to burn my bony ****. Now I often sit on #4 when its cold. The wife however wants #5 and says, "oh, is it turned on?", hahaha.

Just bear in mind that heat on the crotch is thought to lower sperm count, so I wouldn't run then too hot for too long

Sent from a mobile device, please forgive typos :)

Always felt the hottest setting the heated seats on my 2011 plate S3 wasn't hot enough. Will be changing the settings in Module 08 HVAC using VCDS but can't find any info on how hot is safe to set it at.

Wondering if you guys out there can help, 1 if you know or 2 by posting your readings via VCDS????

My settings in the HVAC are as follows:

Position 1 14 degrees on channel 21
Position 2 19 degrees on channel 22
Position 3 24 degrees on channel 23
Position 4 32 on channel 24
Position 5 37 on channel 25
Position 6 42 on channel 26

In the HVAC module you can adjust channels 24 to 26 but I can't find where to change lower temps.

Wonder how hot the seats can go without boiling me nads??

Any help well appreciated.

Just checked with vcds and here are the temp settings for the 6 different positions.
I just went into HVAC and then went into measuring blocks. Don't know why but had to measure channel 22 for passenger side but driver's side switch controlled it.
Channel 21 was for driver's side but passenger side switch controlled it.
The right seats heat up on the right side, so all seems fine.
If I go into adaption channels 21 and up come up saying error can't access. So I can't see or edit those values, unless need to put in security access. Anyone got the code?

Position 1 = 21°
Position 2 = 27°
Position 3 = 35°
Position 4 = 43°
Position 5 = 55°
Position 6 = 64°

Just checked with vcds and here are the temp settings for the 6 different positions.
I just went into HVAC and then went into measuring blocks. Don't know why but had to measure channel 22 for passenger side but driver's side switch controlled it.
Channel 21 was for driver's side but passenger side switch controlled it.
The right seats heat up on the right side, so all seems fine.
If I go into adaption channels 21 and up come up saying error can't access. So I can't see or edit those values, unless need to put in security access. Anyone got the code?

Position 1 = 21°
Position 2 = 27°
Position 3 = 35°
Position 4 = 43°
Position 5 = 55°
Position 6 = 64°

Thanks, I assume these are from an a3 8P?

The driver /passenger wording on channels 21/22 is meant for the LHD cars, it doesn't matter.

I think you can only change the top three heat settings and they are on adaption 24,25 & 26

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Thanks, I assume these are from an a3 8P?

The driver /passenger wording on channels 21/22 is meant for the LHD cars, it doesn't matter.

I think you can only change the top three heat settings and they are on adaption 24,25 & 26

2007 S3 8p so pre-facelift.
In adaption I can't even see the info as it says error.

I have no idea of actual temperatures but on setting 6 I find the seat gets uncomfortably warm, I find 3-4 about right.
In fact I'm trying to wean myself off using them as even on milder days I find myself turning them on when I get in the car!!!

I have no idea of actual temperatures but on setting 6 I find the seat gets uncomfortably warm, I find 3-4 about right.
In fact I'm trying to wean myself off using them as even on milder days I find myself turning them on when I get in the car!!!

Is yours prefacelift?

My s line seats get pretty warm on 6 (full leather) they have a good go at boiling my nads lol! Thought it felt warm today after 20 ish miles in the sun and finding myself feeling agitated to look down and find I was sat in traffic in blazing sun with my seat on 6!!! Fried

Reactions: mechanic69
Is yours prefacelift?

Sorry for late reply, didn't realise you'd asked a question!
Yes, pre-facelift car (built November 2006 ).
To add to my previous reply ; on full leather seats settings 4-6 quite toasty, 3 comfortable and 1-2 barely noticeable.

Reactions: mechanic69
Did anyone figure out how to finally do this modification then? I’ve been digging through the threads and have been sat with vcds open for hours but to no avail.

I have the facelift A3 and as some of you have said they don’t really even get noticeably warm till setting 6.

any help would be appreciated fellas. Thanks.

I found my Pre-Facelift S3 heated seats where alot hotter than my facelife S3. Can drive around with it on 6 all day.

If you can alter the settings to make it warmer im very interested in this ???

Did anyone figure out how to finally do this modification then? I’ve been digging through the threads and have been sat with vcds open for hours but to no avail.

I have the facelift A3 and as some of you have said they don’t really even get noticeably warm till setting 6.

any help would be appreciated fellas. Thanks.

Ace if you go in the hvac module, the measuring blocks you can see what each of the channels is set at. Then go tot the adaption tab and got to the channel 24, wt & 26 then set a new figure.

Ace if you go in the hvac module, the measuring blocks you can see what each of the channels is set at. Then go tot the adaption tab and got to the channel 24, wt & 26 then set a new figure.

hi mechanic69
1 year later and I’m still in the same position, I’ve tried the adaptions tab there are no values for channel 24-26.

do you by any chance know of another way around this problem. Really want hotter heated seats like the prefacelift ones had.

I was thinking there maybe an option within the coding section of module 8 but I can’t seem to get the security code